- Product Dimensions: 22.4 x 31.6 x 12.4 cm ; 2.2 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 3.1 Kg
- Batteries 2 AAA batteries required. (included)
- Item model number: DS311
- ASIN: B00IOQVR22
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 20 Feb. 2014
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 207,696 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
(Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Ideal for use in meeting rooms or classrooms
- Project superb colours using DLP and BrilliantColor technologies
- Eco+ technology ensures a long lamp life
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
Size: SVGA + HDMI | Style: DS311
Ideal for use in a meeting room or classroom, the DS311 has a bright 2800L and 13000:1 contrast allowing you to project bright, crystal clear images with superb colours using DLP and BrilliantColor technologies. Incredible lamp life (up to 10000 hours) combined with Eco+ technology provides energy and money saving features. Installed or on the move, the versatile DS311 incorporates HDMI, built in speaker, Full 3D technology and optional wireless capabilities that are easy to use.
Remote Control with Batteries
Top Customer Reviews
For three years now I've been using another model so far (ES521) which didn't have the HDMI. I love it. I used a HDMI to VGA with audio out adapter which works wonders. I wanted to upgrade to a HDMI connection and 3D to really enjoy some of my BluRays. HDMI connection gives an amazing picture but I haven't used the 3D so far.
Now there are a few major let-downs compared to my previous model :
- First Optoma went chap on certain features :
-- no transport bag (my ES521 has one) : very frustrating for transport.
-- no lens cap.
-- until now, Optoma projectors had 3 adjustable sturdy rubber feet which made the installation very easy : well now they've decided to go cheap with only 2 very flimsy smaller ones! Unfortunately not even symmetrical : the non adjustable one is 1 of the 2 at the back ! This makes it impossible to lift the back of the projector evenly in order to lower the image. Sorry if it is difficult to understand but trust me, now I have to insert wooden rulers under the back of the machine to get the image below the ceiling level. How practical !
A third adjustable foot, a bag and a lens cap wouldn't cost that much to include in the package (especially since they are mentioned in the manual!!!) and would really make the customer happy!
- something else : on my ES521, in the Format menu, there were two possible 16:9 adjustments. Now there is only one. I compared with my ES521 and the DS311's picture is squeezed vertically no matter what I do (16:9 setting or Native setting). It is particularly annoying with Cinemascope movies (2:35 format) as everything now looks squeezed down.
Bottom line is it is a great machine, don't get me wrong. But I never understand why, in a newer model, some features or accessories are removed when they are useful. I will adapt to the missing foot, lens cap and the bag but I really don't know how to solve the squeezed picture issue.