Operations Strategy Paperback – 7 Sep 2001
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Operations Strategy by Nigel Slack and Michael Lewis
Building on the success of the Slack et al Operations Management text, now in its third edition, this major new text provides a comprehensive and refreshing insight into the more advanced topic of operations strategy. This is particularly timely because of the increasing demand for courses in operations strategy at all levels. Practitioners and academics alike are waking up to the power which can be released through the effective strategic management of any organisation's operations resources. In fact, operations is increasingly seen as the area where the dynamic requirements of the marketplace and the developing capabilities of the organisation's resources must be reconciled. Building on concepts from strategic management, operations management, marketing and human resources, this text takes the reader towards a rich and potent understanding of operations strategy, making it suited to the needs of advanced undergraduates, postgraduates and practising managers.
· Covers such topical issues as supply networks, capability development, learning and risk.
· Includes many international boxed examples from a wide range of industries.
· Provides easy to read, rigorous critical analysis.
· Pedagogical features include a coherent model of the subject that runs through the text and explains how the chapter fits into the overall subject; key questions which set the scene at the beginning of each chapter; definitions of key operations strategy terms; boxed examples illustrating real-world cases; theory boxes demonstrating the underlying principles which support the ideas discussed in the text; summary answers to key questions; case examples at the end of each chapter which provide 'food for thought' and discussion.
· An instructor's manual accompanies the text.
Top customer reviews
The volume should emulate the success of its stablemate, Operations Management.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Conditions
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Systems
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Business Process Reengineering
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Science
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Operational Research
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Production & Quality Control
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Strategy
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Business Plans
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship