- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Operations Management for Dummies Paperback – 16 Aug 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
A plain–English guide to improving business operations and increasing efficiency
Operations management is a critical skill for all current and aspiring business leaders. Now, Operations Management For Dummies takes the guesswork out of this often–intimidating subject. Whether you are a professional just promoted into your first operations management job who needs to learn operations fast or your aim is to score your highest in an undergraduate or MBA operations management class, the plain–English, step–by–step information in Operations Management For Dummies gives you the critical toolkit for operations success.
- Operations Management 101 find out how to represent processes in a diagram and get the lowdown on the operations management vocabulary used to measure those processes
- It′s a risky business discover the risks that may threaten your operations, from determining how much demand there will be for your product or service to making forecasts of future demand
- Put the "I" in improvement get the scoop on continuous improvement a concept that relates to building and sustaining effective and profitable organizations
- Make things happen take an in–depth look at project management as it relates to operations management to better understand the life cycle of projects (and why many projects fail)
- Go global explore how companies decide what parts or services to outsource and when and where to outsource them
- Succeed in startups learn how to successfully cope with the special operations challenge of startup growth
Open the book and find:
- How to design a process to meet organizational goals
- Basic process flow terms
- The scoop on demand forecasting, capacity planning, and inventory management
- The basics behind aggregate planning
- Tips to design and manage your supply chain
- How to scale operations as a product travels through the normal life cycle curve
- Ways to estimate a project′s timing and cost
- Make sense of complex topics
- Understand key concepts in operations management
- Score your highest in your operations management course
About the Author
Mary Ann Anderson is a consultant in supply chain management and operations strategy.
Dr. Edward Anderson is Associate Professor of Operations Management at the University of Texas McCombs School of Business.
Dr. Geoffrey Parker is Professor of Management Science at the A. B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category