Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ £2.03 UK delivery
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (PS3)
|Price:||£7.96 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Freedom of Play – Operation Flashpoint 2 will give players the freedom to handle military crisis situations on their initiative. Unscripted missions will task players with real objectives, such as laying down covering fire, covering a friendly unit’s retreat or conducting short-range recon patrol. Armed with cutting edge military hardware, players will need to balance brute force with intelligent use of tactics. Once players have completed the campaign, a Mission Editor enables gamers to create their own single player and multiplayer missions.
- The most realistic modern military conflict game – Operation Flashpoint 2 features unparalleled levels of realism and variety of military forces, equipment, weapons and tactics. Fully loaded weapons and individual ammunition types will be simulated with detailed ballistic physics, based upon individually-crafted mechanics. Players will command and control a wide variety of multi-component, multi-weapon vehicles, including tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, APCs, attack and utility helicopters. The character damage system authentically depicts the terrible wounds and injury from modern weapons to communicate the reality of combat.
- Platoon-Based Combat - As an epic campaign weaves the narrative, players will fight as infantry soldiers in battle, drive tanks in armored assaults, pilot helicopters in air strikes, and infiltrate the enemy in covert special operations utilizing a wide variety of realistic military weapons from knives and rifles to machine guns, grenade launchers and laser designators for air strikes. In whichever role the player chooses, they will experience the fierce and brutal reality of warfare and the shock and awe of contemporary firepower unleashed on the arresting scale of modern combat.
- Redefines the Size of Battle - Immense play areas of more than 135 square miles give players a multitude of tactical decisions on how to best accomplish missions. Densely packed with environment detail and objects, valleys, mountains, coastlines, towns, villages and industrial complexes all combine to deliver a rich and challenging tactical environment. The world is persistent, so that buildings destroyed in one campaign mission will be destroyed in the next.
- Stylized Cinematography - Operation Flashpoint 2 will model the environment, objects and people in realistic detail, but its visual styling will embrace documentary techniques. The camera work through cut-scenes will be heavily influenced by television war reports that are often shot under extreme circumstances delivering a unique look with incorrect exposure, severe camera shake and loss of focus.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: PlayStation 3
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: In a shooter that recreates the brutal reality of the modern combat experience in stunning detail, Dragon Rising will challenge players to survive the chaos and rapidly evolving situations of modern warfare in a new contemporary theatre.
Players will experience the intensity, diversity and claustrophobia of a present day conflict from the unique perspectives of an infantry marine and a Special Forces officer, each engaged against the full force of the Chinese PLA on the huge open-world island of Skira. Gameplay simulates an immense conflict between advanced forces and provides unparalleled scope with different military disciplines, vehicles and equipment for players to utilise.
- The most accessible, immersive, engaging, sandbox wargame: All 220sqkm of Skira Island is completely open to explore at any time and includes a real-time day and night cycle and weather system. Streaming technology means that the island is always there, and a huge 30km draw-distance allows gamers to see flashpoints around the island playing out as they fly, drive and walk around the map.
- The biggest military toy-box ever seen in a console FPS: Players can pick up and use over 60 authentic weapons and explosives in Dragon Rising and utilise 25+ PLA and US Army Vehicles.
- Action-packed co-op and single-player campaign mode: With the entire campaign fully playable in co-op with four players, gamers will assume the roles of both USMC infantry and spec ops during the intense 11 mission campaign as the war plays out across Skira Island.
- Intricate attention to detail: Accurate USMC tactics and equipment are used throughout and US Marines were used as consultants during development to ensure authentiate USMC tactics and equipment are used throughout and US Marines were used as consultants during development to ensure authenticity.
Taking gamers as close to war as they’ll ever want to get, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is the much anticipated return of the genre-defining military conflict simulator. Set to deliver the total combat experience, Operation Flashpoint 2 will challenge players to survive the chaos and rapidly evolving situations of modern warfare in a new contemporary theatre. Players will experience the intensity, diversity and claustrophobia of a modern conflict from the unique.
perspectives of an infantry marine, a helicopter pilot, a Special Forces officer or a tank commander, each engaged against the full force of the Chinese PLA on a scale never previously experienced in a military action title. Gameplay simulates an immense conflict between advanced forces and provides unparalleled scope with different military disciplines, vehicles and equipment for players to utilize.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Graw was a personal favourite as you could think tactically about where and what you wanted your team to do.
Operation flashpoint is like that but on steroids. A real tactical shooter at last.
If you think your going to play this all guns blazing then you'll see the mission failed screen far too often. 1 shot kills you. Playing a mission requires patience and a tactical skill: are you going to take on the enemy face to face? How about flanking left? How about splitting your team, moving in stealthly and catching them in a cross fire?
All 3 options are available, using the easy acess radial menu, and many more.
This game is nails to play, but when you achieve your objective the elation felt can not be beaten by any other game. You earn each and every win.
There is no tutuorial as such, you are landed staright into the ( allbeit easy ) first mission.
Standout moments so far have been where you have to hold a village from advancing enemy lines, the taking of an airport.
Haven't tried the multiplayer modes yet, there are only a few on offer. CO-OP of the main mission and 2 PVP modes, infiltartion and deathmatch.
Graphics are smooth but do suffer from a few annoying popups, sound is great thporugh my 5.1 amp.
if you like your shooters arcade like, you may want to give this a miss. If you want to play at real war then this is the game for you.
Essentially you can't compare this game to any other war game on a console because it is a simulation.
If you want to run around along a set route, get shot 5 times but still live and be able to carry on killing people then dont buy this.
If you want a realistic war simulation with HUGE landscapes and a certain degree of 'go anywhere do anything' then this is the game for you.
Anyone suggesting that COD4 or Modern Warfare is a better game is probably 14 years old and hasn't even played this game.
This game however is no match for the original - which i still continue to play, nearly 10 years on.
Codemasters do not own the rights to the original game or any sequal and only own the rights to the name 'Operation Flashpoint', a disagreement between them and Bohemia Interactive has seen them release a game that is inferior to the original PC game which is now nearly 10 years old - however that game was one of the best ever made so that doesnt make this one terrible.
There are a large number of issues with this game that were some of the best things about the old game.
1. This game is quite short, I played on normal difficulty and completed it in 7 hours over 3 evenings, the original game took me around a month to complete each of the 3 parts.
2.Read more ›
Edited Addition - One thing i forgot to mention was the map, it is horrendous, blocky and lacking any detail, why could they not have created a sattelite version google-map style?! Just not good enough in this new world of HD!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I didnt like this game as it wasn't the kind that I like ! Thats not to say that you wont like it !Published 2 months ago by Richy
Great service , I use it all the time ,never let me down !!Published 13 months ago by thomas cairns
This game is not for the faint of heart. I wouldnt say it isnt highly entertaining infact i would say it is a great war simulation package and any fan of Operation Flashpoint games... Read morePublished 15 months ago by ERSIN PEHLIVAN
apologies for delay in replying, need to go on line a bit more often. Ive been delighted with this and with the service you provided. I would definitely order again. Thank youPublished 22 months ago by Mrs. E. Campbell