Online Game Interactivity Theory (Charles River Media Game Development) Hardcover – 7 Dec 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It is nicely divided up to cover the major interactivity types - player-player, player-game, player-computer... It also covers the other necessary theory - tools and the development process. These are done very well.
It also covers the pure theory behind why humans play games in the "anthropology and playology" section. On face value, it's something you would actually expect in a psychology or philosophy text book... but this makes you realize that issues like that are a part of the game design process too... and the book teaches you those fundamentals...
One of the best features of this book is the inclusion of examples. In the tools section there are several recognizable illustrations of recent popular games. They are also referenced in the actual text. Doing this, the author makes his book on theory become more practical by letting the reader easily relate the text to a real-world experience.
Another great tie-in: interviews and opinions which are covered in the book's last section. After the author has had his say, in this section he invites other prominent figures - game designers, game industry insiders and game theorists - to offer their views and experiences on the subject. This opens up the floor to the theory of not just one, but many individuals.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > PC & Video Games
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Games
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Hobbies & Games