- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Online Counselling and Guidance Skills: A Practical Resource for Trainees and Practitioners Paperback – 12 Dec 2008
Save an extra 10% with Amazon Student*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Practitioners who use counselling skills in a wide range of contexts: including counselling, education, mental health, social care and careers guidance; and students taking online counselling skills courses
About the Author
Janet Evans, Literacy and Educational Consultant and Senior Lecturer in Education at Liverpool Hope University, is a primary specialist, writer and inset provider.Previously a primary school teacher, Janet has worked with children of all ages, students, teachers, parents and governors. She has lectured extensively in England and internationally and has written many articles and books on language, literacy and maths education. Janet’s latest book, Talking Beyond the Page : Reading and Responding to Picturebooks shows how different kinds of picturebooks can be used with children of all ages and highlights the positive gains to be made from reading, sharing, talking and writing about picturebooks. Her previous books have focused on the changing nature of literacy in the 21st century, writing and the primary children, and the importance of illustrations in picturebooks.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I bought this book because I was undertaking a course for online counselling, it has become invaluable!
The RED book is a practical 'working book' and underlines the 'how-to' of practice with little snippets and exercises throughout... what I like best are the examples, found throughout the book which give 'real' or simulated 'chat' or emails, and for anyone new to working online this has to be the clincher because this lets you get a feel for what actually happens and how it happens in online counselling, otherwise it's all just academic.
Whatever it is that you need to know about working in online practice is covered, such as online presence, contracting, communication mediums, synchronous and asynchronous sessions, encryption and technological problems, everything you need is covered and is easy to refer to when actually 'doing' the work. For anyone going into private practice this is a must have :D
In a nutshell, I guess what I am saying is that the little RED book is not just academic... its practical, progressive and informative.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Human Resources Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Training
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services