- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 24592 KB
- Print Length: 304 pages
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster; 2Rev Ed edition (28 Feb. 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007ABG5HO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 79 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #46,708 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£12.99|
Save £5.00 (38%)
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
This price was set by the publisher.
One Up On Wall Street: How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In (A Fireside book) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
the book covers how to find companies to invest in, how to value companies, and when to get out of companies invested in - the main theme running through the book is that an amateur investor can and will out perform professionals if they avoid the noise from wall street and focus on companies they understand.
the book gives great example of companies that were a "10 bagger/20 bagger" (meaning if you invested £1 you would have made £10/£20 etc.). lynch also gives example of where he missed companies/lost money as wekll - so the advice is very well rounded.
so why 4 stars? the book is well written with great examples and advice - but i question how relevant this is today when there are software packages and websites that can perform instant ratio checks, and profitability measures etc. - basically meaning that i am unsure whether lynch would have been as successful today as he was when the book was written - late 1980's. other than that, son't be put pff. this is a great book and well worth the read....
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I approached it trying to learn how to invest but I have it helped me to understand better how big corportation works, general marketing and a bit of western...Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Finance and Stock Market History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Personal Finance > Investing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Investments & Securities > Stocks & Shares
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Professionals & Academics > Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Investing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Personal Finance