Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£1.74

HALL OF FAMEon 6 October 2009
Judith Kerr's One Night at the Zoo is an inspired counting book, illustrated with the charm that made her Mog books and The Tiger Who Came to Tea such a hit. My own all-time favourite Kerr is Why Mrs. Money Missed the Ark, both for its moving story of what a mother goes through to keep her family fed at all costs, and its animal pictures. The animals here take part in a "magical, moonlit night in the zoo" which sees elephants flying, lions doing card tricks, flamingos turning blue and more, all in rhyme. The expression on their faces is captivating; this is a great way not only to teach a little one how to count but to enjoy a visit to the zoo.
on 21 April 2012
Fabulous book. You will never believe what happens in the zoo at night. Already a firm favourite with our 2 year old daughter. Fun and also not too long for bedtime.
on 8 January 2011
Loads of silly rhymes, good pictures and counting opportunities. Just the right length for my 20 month old, and I enjoy reading it too. He loves pointing out the animals that didn't make it back to their cages in the morning.
on 3 April 2011
A really lovely story that reads well and encourages counting. My daughter (18 months)loves it as so my niece and nephew (both 3 years).
on 18 March 2014
I love all Jill murphy books and this is a great 1-1 book for a parent and child as there is a lot to observe and discuss on each page. However I find the artwork too pale and subtle for a group of children and there wasn't as much enjoyment as I had hoped
on 3 July 2016
really sweet all the way through, sweet story, sweet illustration, lovely adventure with a really sweet twist at the end, my boy went to bed with a very content sweet smile.
on 25 September 2016
A perfect book for a little one year old child - ie Arthur Atticus, my great nephew to be read by his parents. Lovely packaging and prompt delivery.
on 13 March 2013
I rate Judith Kerr very highly. A lovely, colourful, witty book that had our daughter enraptured on every occasion. Highly recommended.
on 17 March 2013
During the night strange things happen in the zoo. My three year old loves it even though she already knows how to count to ten.
on 5 May 2013
Beautiful pictures and stunning way to help a child to learn to count I will love sitting with my grandson reading this.