on 22 April 2017
We were having some issues with my son who is basically strong willed. This book is not about challenging children but every type of children. You can't learn to read if you haven't mastered the alphabet. Well in my opinion this book explains this alphabet. I have already read it twice, the trick is to remember it word for word. I have started now writing the book which will probably be around 90% of the whole book. I find it much easier to remember what I've written. This book will quite literally change the lives of my children, and hopefully the world....a million thanks to the author!
on 23 March 2013
This book was recommended to me by a friend.

Its astonishing. With kids of my own the one minute ideas are instantly usable. I read the book in 90 mins and then re read it again.

So positive and full of energy.

If you are a dad ,or about to be a Dad you need this book!
on 21 March 2013
Having been through and still in the process of facing up to the challenges and pleasures of bringing up my two young kids, there was a never a better time to get this book by Dr.Prashaant. There are some profound thoughts here, some that I can directly relate to, some I should anticipate and some from a compilation of cutting insights which are incisive. Thoughtful, thought provoking and thoroughly enjoyable, and a conscience pricking read.
on 11 May 2013
As a father myself, of two kids (ages 6-10), I found the information and advice very useful. It's helped me to see the things I'm going wrong and improve them. Recommended to all fathers, both new and old.
on 10 May 2013
There's a lot of great advice on what wonderful things you can say to kids when you're pressed for time or One Minute Magic Moments as he calls it. I would mention some things that particularly struck me.
For example, "Because I love you, I will always help you."

I also like the affirmation you can teach your kids: "I am important. I matter. I can learn and grow. I can be kind to others. I can succeed."

Love the idea of telling your daughter "how about putting your hair clip in a different way today?"
Completely agree that it's not enough to tell your children things, you must get involved in their lives as well, and have an interest in what they're doing.

I also agree with the dangerous "grenades" he mentions, such as telling your kids "You can't do anything right" or "Why can't you be more like Tommy" or "You are so dumb." And as the book mentions, we get angry sometimes on the same things that we sometimes laud them for because its our mood and stress that causes us to react that way rather than the kid most times.
I also loved the idea about getting them involved in a self-defense sport and ways like using Jackie Chan or Rocky like movies to develop their interests. Learning self-defense is vital to overcoming bullies. Bullies don't care about stupid movies about bullying, but they will not bother those that can and do defend themselves when attacked."
Love the true story of the brilliant scientist who realized that his daughter won't do well in academia and supported her dream of becoming a chef. Sometimes we forget that our children are not extensions of ourselves, like father isn't always like son or daughter. We can say no, but we must be realistic.
on 5 May 2013
Dr Jindal has written this concise ready-reckoner for Dads that is not only imbued with great feeling, but also demonstrates his commitment to a healthy, happy, contented and cohesive family unit. We might well achieve all the materialistic "success" in this world; but what counts is how positively or negatively we as parents are perceived by our children.

Here is a gem of a book that is well researched and contains simple yet profound bite-sized tips on how to try and do justice to the amazing role of a Dad, a responsibility that is not to be taken lightly.

The best parts of this book are not just the one minute magic moments, but also the one minute grenades that can irreparably impact and even destroy the positive enthusiasm, boundless energy and innocent, carefree inquisitiveness of our children, converting them into sullen misfits capable of unleashing havoc in our already troubled society.

This book helps Dads to navigate with care through their myriad responsibilities, and this complex task appears easy and fun through the sensitive presentation of the contents.
on 6 June 2013
A quick read parenting book but with lasting impressions. This book has been well thought and written covering , in the right intriguing detail ,most of the areas one should think about while bringing up children. Love how it brings to attention little things that 'men' generally tend to overlook as trivial when dealing with children.

Whats next ? 1 Minute Super Hubby I hope!!!??
on 12 May 2013
I downloaded this book for my husband who dearly loves our kids, but has a hard time connecting with them.

Men, as they are, he was hesitant to read it, but after some convincing he eventually did. After he finished, he showed no reaction, but the same night I noticed something different in how he was interacting with the kids. Once dinner was over, he took them to the living room where I noticed them all getting along and smiles all over their faces. I can't say for certain it was the book that helped them get along but I have a feeling it did.

I read the book too and am upset that there should be bit more material added on understanding reasons why the siblings fight so much. That was my biggest problem which got sorted but I want to know more about.
on 7 May 2013
I'm not a father, but I am a godfather and older brother. As I spend a lot of time with my brother, I thought this might come in useful. As it was free on Amazon, I decided to download and read.
I'm glad I did. It's just over 100 pages, and the intro is a little lengthy, but the tips and pointers really help the reader understand what the child is thinking, and how to really make the most of the time you have with them.
Dr Jindal covers ADHD, drug use, obesity, divorce - lots of emotional and physical issues that affect children and/or children then go on to experience.
I recommend this for anyone wanting to get a good surface knowledge grasp of behaviour, psychology and how to interact with kids.
Excellent
on 11 May 2013
I do agree with the central theme that the first 10 years of life are like writing the software of the minds, beliefs and forming habits. The book helps in being articulate rather than manipulative with the child.
The story of Gary King whose son committed suicide was very moving and I agree that the seed of low self esteem is planted in early childhood and can be prevented.
The Rosenthal experiment showing how kids perceive us was a shocker and my biggest carry back home message. I am sure such an experiment would never be allowed in the modern world.
Certainly worth a read, and some big names in the big too- star studded book :) I would say. It delivers what it says