TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 February 2016
Very comfy to hold and once set up you can use this without looking at it as the buttons have a nice feel and easy identifiable. It allows you to operate three devices. I set up my TV / Skybox and Youview (DVD button). It seems to have all the program functions built it but it also has a learning function. I used this to set the AV button to change my AMP onto the correct audio input for the device I was using which was always a pain to do before. If you remove the battery cover you reveal a micro usb port. Connecting this to your PC it shows as a drive similar to a usb drive. Here you can save your settings.bin file and even load it into One For All's online website ( [...] ). Here you can configure the unit online loading in the default settings. However, once loaded you still need to hold the power button down until the unit turns off. I missed this and scratched my head for a bit. All in all I would recommend this, doesn't feel cheap and with the ability to program all the buttons using the original remote you can make your own configurations up.
on 11 May 2018
I hate having multiple remotes, so needed an all in one. My issue is that I have the TV remote for main power/HDMI/Source, Tivo box, but also an optically connected soundbar with it's own remote.

This is brilliant because, unlike most all-in-ones, it allows you to modify individual buttons to their desired functions. So I can now control the TV, Tivo and then 'taught' the controller so that the volume buttons control the sound bar - brilliant!

Set up was reasonably well described in the manual, and with the help of the online guide, but at times it was slightly confusing. I would class myself as very competent when it comes to electronics, so would imagine someone less capable might have difficulty with anything other than very basic set up.
on 19 December 2016
Overall I'm impressed with this remote, I purchased it for a bedroom TV to replace a broken remote and allow us to control the Apple TV at the same time. I knew what to expect as we have a couple of the 4 device variants so I was impressed with the quality. Where the product fell down is online configuration, the remote refused to let me rewrite the configuration file after downloading it from the website so I had to make it work using only the codes in the book.

A tip for anyone trying to program an Apple TV, you need to use the PVR button, and the code for Apple in the PVR section of the code book works.
on 1 January 2017
When it comes to universal remote controls, the classic line "Your mileage may vary" applies. Although this remote works great and does exactly what it says it does, everybody is different. So what works for me might not be great for you. For example, I use it on a HUMAX freeview video recorder. Virtually all the functions map to the buttons well, but not all of them. There's like one little button (quick skip ahead) that doesn't exist on the universal remote that does exist on the original device's remote. It's really hard to know before you buy whether there will be some little gotcha like that. In the end, I'm totally satisfied with it. It gets the job done and I like the fact that it controls the volume on the stereo while mapping channel up/down to the freeview box. That's what it's for. Just remember when you buy something like this that it might not match your setup perfectly.
on 18 May 2014
Bought this to work with our new Panasonic TV and Maxell soundbar as the Maxell has a small remote and had to use it for the volume controll. The Maxell does not have a code to program the URC 6430 although the Panasonic TV has.
No problem as the functions from the Maxell remote easily transfers to the URC 6430 by placing the two remotes facing each other and following carefully the enclosed instructions. Now both original remotes work beautifully on the URC 6430.
The product is very robust and well made and unbelievable value. I am extremely happy with my purchase.
3 people found this helpful
on 7 May 2014
Excellent replacement for my Humax remote that my wife found very irritating with its noisy clicky buttons. Really easy to set up my Humax Youview box, Sony TV and Panasonic DVD with the standard programmable codes. The control of the TV volume and PVR without switching modes on the remote using the Combicontrol is really helpful. I only had to add an extra button using the copy method for a delete button to remove saved programmes on PVR: again easy to do. Really good value remote from One for All, easy to set up and good quality feel to the unit. Not sure why you would want to pay a lot more for alternatives when this was well below £20 and works really well.
7 people found this helpful
on 30 December 2013
Bought this for my elderly mother, so she didn't need to keep swapping between TV, DVD and PVR remotes.

It was very easy to set up, and includes all the everyday functions to use these 3 gadgets. The buttons are a reasonable size as well.
13 people found this helpful
on 18 October 2017
The remote itself is OK. However, be warned, despite being a 3-device remote, it is not *any* 3 devices. It can work on 1 TV, 1 PVR and 1 DVD (but not 2 PVR's).

In my case, it won't work on both an Apple TV *and* my BT TV box as both devices are only programmable to the PVR button.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 12 December 2016
It's ok, I've had a bit of trouble getting my Humax playback controls on to it, but other wise this does the job well. A list of codes that is specific to each model out there would be good, but even the online one isn't complete. Good that it's updateable via USB.
on 29 February 2016
This is not universal. Despite many hours of trying and reprogramming it would not control my system of three units. a Sony TV. a Sony DVD Recorder and Humax Satellite Receiver. It would switch them on & off and change volume but that is about all. Unable to watch any recordings or even set them up.Very disappointed and it was returned . I continue to use the existing three controllers