on 14 August 2010
Ordered this remote as I have a 32" Sony LCD & Humax Freeview PVR. Because the Humax doesn't control my TV volume I was always having to use both remotes. So I started looking, good reviews for the Logitech Harmony remotes but at over £100 a little bit of overkill for me.

This remote is not listed as a top seller on Amazon, but it should be. Unpacked the remote, fitted 4 x AAA (not supplied) and away I went. Took about 2mins to setup to operate my TV, PVR and Audio system. To use the magic code is a simple process of three button presses, you only have to look for the manufacturers single digit code, then the remote does the rest. Very happy with the operation and I am only using half of the remotes available 6 control functions.

Overall a great universal remote control, good value, good build quality, easy to setup, perhaps the only slight negative is the layout of the numeric keys (could be a little higher up the remote), but a very slight fault when everything else is so good.

VERY GOOD **** - Highly recommended.
11 Comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 May 2016
Having purchased a One For All URC 7140 and been suitably impressed I decided to return that and purchase this as the 7140 can only control 4 devices and I have 7 (yes this does just 6 of them, but that's enough) comparing the two remotes the URC 7140 has a much nicer feel and if the multiple device with one button feature is not important and you only need to control 4 devices I advise getting one of those.

However looking at the URC 7960 it is a very capable remote and I love the one button multi device ability. The option to re-purpose device keys so you can make it control exactly what you want is excellent and the easy way you can get it to learn the odd button that's not automatically set-up is very good too. My criticisms are the button feedback is poor, especially around the circular rocker also only a very limited number of keys light up (blue) when keys are pressed which isn't good when viewing in the dark. However since buying this I have been given a One For All URC7962 and that answers all my issues with the 7960, good button feedback & all buttons light up (white) when any key pressed, its only issue is the 'Motion Control' is rubbish, but that's easily disabled.

My recommendation, get the URC 7140 if you only need to control 4 devices and the URC 7962 unless this is significantly cheaper.
review image review image
on 17 August 2013
I chose this product because I needed to store my previouse remotes to a drawer and have just the one and when I saw this product I then decided to go ahead and 'get it' to save space and have just the one remote. When I received the order (date: 17/08/2013) I had a little trouble with the packaging but once I was in I started to read through the manual (recommended as you need to know what you need to do as with some people they think they are bloody master-mind and say 'oh I can set it up without the manual' err wrong) and once I programmed the remote with the right codes and tested it out on three devices, it started working straight from the off. I have programmed the remote to three as I mentioned.......

1) LCD TV
2) Sky box and
3) Xbox S

And ever since I did this I have saved space and also cut down on the the remotes that I need as I had three before which was a total nightmare because you have to switch between remotes whereas with this all you need to do is select the device you want to control and then hit the button that controlls it easy.

Try it and see how you could enjoy hours of endless fun with controlling your TV, DVD, Xbox, Amp and other entertainment devices all except a laptop because I do not think it works on a laptop as I have not tried it out as I could not find, in the manual, where the codes are for the laptops as laptop computers do not use a code.
on 11 June 2011
Easy to use but I am disappointed that it has dedicated buttons for each type of device therefore I cannot control my freeview and freesat. Only one type of device can be controlled. If this is not an issue for you then I can recommend this remote control, so one for all not strictly true in this case. Had it not been for this I would have given 5 stars.

Since my last review I have been made aware that there are additional instructions on the One for All website explaining how to reassign the remote to control same type devices. I can now control both my freeview and freesat therefore I am happy to give this product five stars.
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 January 2017
Lost the remote for my Hitachi TV, bought this to replace and it's even better than the original.

I have synced it up to the set top box, Blu-ray player etc. and it has never let me down.
on 7 December 2017
can;t remember ordering this, I must have got it for another person
on 22 June 2014
I'm sure this remote does a fine job, but I only got this to code my DVD region free, so top marks! I don't really need a universal remote, as my Smart TV already controls what I need, but the unit looks quite capable and is build really well.
on 15 January 2014
Well packaged unit with decent buttons and heft. Do not throw at wife/cat. Programming can be quirky and some codes will have to be loaded by the maker. Their serve is very good, quick and efficient.
on 16 February 2016
Excellent remote control very easy to set up and use.
on 5 May 2012
I never really write reviews but I am compelled by the quality of this product particularly given the price. My tv, sky, DVD and amplifier remotes have all now been put away, replaced by this excellent device. Very easy to set up, and what's more you can teach it certain functions that your old remotes had. For example the good old SKY button on the the sky remote - I have been able to replicate this button on the oneforall! Love it