Customer reviews

on 19 April 2014
[...]

I read about this book in our local newspaper a few days ago, and knew I had to buy it as soon as it was released, So I did. I remember this all happening. I didn't know Paige or Kelsie, but I did know their brother Ian, and know of her brother Kyle. I remember hearing of Paige's accident, and hearing about her passing a few years later.

This book was lovely, and absolutely heart breaking. Reading it, you can most certainly feel the love everyone had for Paige, and the devastation the accident caused not only for Paige, but her family and friends too. But mostly you get to see just how much Paige meant to Kelsie, and how Kelise was tog row up pretty quickly to take care of her sister.

You see the trouble the family went through with court cases and social services, which to me is heart breaking. I mean, in my opinion, no one should ever come between the care of parents and their child. I really felt for the family reading those bits when they were told they weren't allowed to wash Paige and clean her up, even though the hospital care wasn't proving adequate.

The funeral is described in the book and I have to say I shed a tear or 2 reading about how all of Paige's family and friends turned up in bright colours, and all released balloons after the service, that would have been a beautiful sight.

This was a really heartfelt book from one sister to another, full of happiness and sadness, and I would recommend anyone read this.
on 18 April 2014
One of the most amazing and heart string pulling books I've ever read! Would recommend everyone to read this book. x
on 26 April 2014
I've been close to the family for many years, but until i read this book... i had no real idea of how much they'd actually been through. I sat and sobbed the whole time i was reading, literally from cover to cover.

My words can't begin to describe how this book made me feel, only Kelsie's words can really get the story across - you'll have to read it yourself to fully understand and appreciate the situation.

A must read for anyone, but especially if you have a sister, it certainly made me appreciate mine a little bit more :-) x
on 20 April 2014
an unbelivable book to read from someone as insparational as kelsie, paige will be soooo proud of you x x
on 5 May 2014
Amazing book, definitely worth a read. Made me emotional all of the way through, especially after knowing Kelsie and Paige when I was younger!
on 11 July 2014