Format: Board book|Change

on 30 August 2009
Bought this for my daughter (nearly 2 years old) along with a potty as i plan to begin toilet training soon. She loves it and often fetches it and sits on the potty, fully clothed, and "reads" her book. The little girl in the story receives a potty as a present from her grandmother and tries to guess what it is. My toddler especially loves all the guesses "Was it a milk bowl for the cat? No..." The story goes on to describe how the little girl tries but has some accidents in the beginning, before very proudly doing her wee wee and poo poo in the potty.
The book uses the word diaper but i simply insert the word nappy, which my daughter is more familiar with. Also some pages have a lot of words so i sometimes condense it as my toddler flips over the pages very rapidly! Would like to see this in a board book version which would be more durable and easy to keep clean. This is definately one of my daughters favorites. She never tires of listening to the story and picks it off the shelf a dozen times each day.
on 8 March 2004
Our daughter would not sit on the potty without her nappy on till we read this book to her. Suddenly it was no problem and she wanted the story every time she sat on the potty. Three days later she is now doing everything on the potty and still wants this story.
on 15 July 2003
I don't normally write reviews on books, but I felt I had to this time. We had been potty training my daughter (28 months) for nearly a week with continuous accidents and nothing in her potty. We bought this book, which she immediately loved and wanted it read over and over. We still had accidents that day, but the following day she did all her wee's into the potty with only one accident. Amazing! 2 weeks later and she is now doing both wee's and poo's into her potty 'just like Prudence'! A must for all those who are potty training.
on 28 July 1999
My daughter was given this book as a gift from her babysitter. We pulled it out when she was 28 month's old. By the end of the month she was fully potty trained. That was two years ago. The book kept her interested in sitting on her potty. It really is a cute book!
on 4 April 2001
This book lets your child see their potty, not just as something they suddenly have to use (or not!) but as a rewarding experience. My two year old loves this book as does his five year old sister who loves to read it to him!!!!
on 29 March 2011
I bought this book because of some good reviews, but was disappointed. It was written by an American author so I have to replace 'diaper' with 'nappy' as I'm reading, along with the mention of 'a pee-pee for making wee-wee'! Also the tense it awkward, 'here am I, Prudence's mother, changing her' for example. So mostly I end up showing my daughter the pictures and changing a large amount of the text as I go. Plus the image of a potty is so far removed from the style of potties available these days that I don't think my daughter would actually recognise it as a potty if I wasn't telling her that is what it is. All in all I think I'll read the next 'potty' book before I buy to make sure it is more suitable.
on 20 December 2012
I have used both the boy and girl versions of this book for all four of my children and it has been brilliant every time:

first daughter (now 8) - trained at 24 months (both day and night),

son (now 6) - trained at 21 months (dry at night by 22months),

and 2nd daughter (now 3.5) trained at 22 months (dry at night by 23 months)

My youngest daughter is 16 months and already doing both wees and poos in the potty and asks me to read her this book each time she's sat on it. Of course, it helps that she has three siblings to watch and learn from but nonetheless, this book is her current favourite and it seems to really appeals to her. She just loves it!
on 14 September 2009
This is such an incredible book. For so long my wife and I had tried to sing the praises of using the potty to our child but to no avail, until we'd brought this book! within a few short weeks, our daughter started to enjoy using the potty! Admittedly, there were a few trips to the potty that just weren't quick enough, but the joys of seeing the acheivement when using the potty is incredible - for parent and child!
Its been a 2 stage journey to get both "pee pee" and "poo poo" on target, with pee pee the first success but we're finally there!
Can't sing the praises enough for this book! lovely drawerings and a nice short story - available for both boys and girls.
on 4 August 1999
this book is a very funny book for 2 year olds to 102 year olds, me being a 12 year old girl thought it to be hillarious and had to get it for my neice she absolutly LOVED this book and i think it is a great book that shows the real fact!!!
on 21 February 2010
I bought this book for my soon to be 3 yr old daughter, who is being fairly stubborn about potty training despite having a fancy musical potty and jazzy knickers etc etc...The reviews looked good and I must say I agree! The book is really enjoyable for both parent and child to read, there's no embarrassment or shame about weeing/pooing or the child's body and I think it is encouraging for little ones - mine wanted to use her potty after reading, just like Prudence (but alas, stayed on it for all of 30 secs then asked for a nappy......). You won't regret buying this book though!