Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 March 2011
This entry in the Sisters Grimm series finds the Grimm family traveling to New York City because there are pockets of Ever Afters living there, including the kingdom of Faerie. Since their good friend Puck has been injured, finding Faerie is their only hope of curing him.

They have hardly found Faerie before the king is poisoned. Now they've got to track down a killer. But how do you find Ever Afters in a city this big? Will they find the real killer?

While I didn't quite feel this book was as strong as the previous, it was very close. The action takes several fun detours, including introducing us to the true pirates of Wall Street. The plot took several nice twists, most of which were logical and surprising. The climax was a bit over the top and cliche, but I still enjoyed it. There's no cliffhanger at the end, and in many ways this feels like the conclusion of a three book arc.

I think what I appreciated the most here was the character growth. Both Sabrina and Daphne are growing up as a result of their adventures, and I really appreciate that. While there is enough background in the first chapter that you could follow the story here, the character growth won't mean as much to you if you jump in here.

One thing I have loved is the imagination of what the Ever Afters might be doing in modern America, and that continues here with some awesome cameos. The definition of Ever After gets a little broad with the inclusion of Ebenezer Scrooge, but I found his scene to be the funniest in the series so far.

So go back and start the series from the beginning. You'll love every minute along the way and appreciate Once Upon a Crime so much more.
on 16 October 2009
Book 4. It was inevitable that things would get more difficult for the extended Grimm family. They return to New York where the girls had lived happily with their parents. But, like any big city, anything can happen .... and it does!
on 23 March 2016
My daughters love reading the books so I thought they would also like to listen to them, they love this cd.
on 12 August 2007
The first two books in the seris were intriging and became the first in my "top ten."
Then I purchased the third book "The problem child." The dark front cover made me wary but it was okay and still intriging material. But then I got the fourth one and I didn't really think anything of the freaky witch on the front page.But when I started reading it I could sense that the fourth book seemed darker and weird. I had only got about halfway through when Sabrina and her family go to Scrooge and guess what? Scrooge is a spiritualist. And they try to contact a dead fairy through Scrooge's power. The fairy does respond but it's through Sabrina. Sabrina feels as if she's not herself and that someone else is. And the dead fairy speaks through her. Also tiny Tim calls the ghosts the B bug word.
Maybe skip this one.