- Hardcover: 516 pages
- Publisher: McGill-Queen's University Press (25 Mar. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0773541772
- ISBN-13: 978-0773541771
- Product Dimensions: 23.8 x 17.2 x 3.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 5,129,486 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Once and Future Great Lakes Country: An Ecological History (Mcgill-Queen's Rural, Wildland, and Resouces Studies) (McGill-Queen's Rural, Wildland, and Resource Studies) Hardcover – 25 Mar 2014
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"A fascinating and convincing picture of the extent to which the Great Lakes and their environments are linked to world events, often to their detriment." Literary Review of Canada "This important book comes at a crucial time for our culture and beyond that, for our planet. The vivid story-telling paints a picture of our history and geography that is fresh and often surprising. This is a compelling and complex message of what we hav "John Riley has written the book I once thought I might write ... His knowledge, practical experience, and determination make this a singular work that combines historical scholarship, scientific understanding, and subtle, low-key advocacy." Ramsay Cook,
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Slow reading but well worth it
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Hydrobiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography