Olympus SH-25MR Digital Compact Camera - White (16MP, 12.5x Superwide Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch Touch Panel LCD
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 12.5x super wide optical zoom with super-resolution zoom for digitally extending the range of the optical zoom with virtually no loss of image quality
- 3” touch-sensitive colour LCD with Touch Shutter and Touch AF
- New Olympus iHS technologies for capturing exactly the shots you want irrespective of shooting conditions
- Multi-motion Movie IS for recording Full HD movies with reduced blur while walking
- GPS & Electronic Compass with unique three-sensor technology for orientation and key information at a glance
There is a newer model of this item:
Click here for a larger image
The Olympus SH-25MR: Everything about this superior GPS incorporating travel compact is top end – except the price
An ultra slim, competitively priced compact, yet one positively bulging with features; that's the 16 megapixel Olympus SH-25MR. It not only nudges into the travel zoom category by squeezing in a 12.5x wide optical zoom the equivalent of 24-300mm in 35mm terms, but further aids photographers who love a-roaming with quick response GPS and Electronic Compass. This feature is capable of downloading location data in under 10 seconds.
Further innovations include Multi Recording and Multi Framing. The former records full HD video whilst the user is concentrating on taking a still photo. Multi Framing meanwhile uniquely captures both close ups and wide shots of the same scene at the same time.
The multi tasking Olympus SH-25MR also looks to banish the blur that can affect imagery when shooting towards the telephoto (maximum zoom) end of the lens range and in low light. This is via a combination of Multi-Motion Movie IS plus 'iHS' (intelligence, High Sensitivity and High Speed) technologies delivering great results even in the most challenging of conditions.
Click here for further information
The best moving images available in a pocket camera today
The above claim may be a lofty one on paper, but in practice incredibly the metal build SH-25MR delivers the goods. At the heart of the 'iHS' technology is a highly sensitive backlit 16 megapixel CMOS sensor that effectively counteracts noise. The Olympus' on-board TruePic V processor provides the power for Multi-motion Movie IS to eliminate blur even when the user is walking along as they film.
Thanks to the simpatico combination of 'iHS', advanced image stabilisation and sophisticated i-Auto modes, the Olympus SH-25MR provides both magnificent detail in movie mode and pin-sharp splendour in stills mode. Virtually no loss of resolution is apparent either when digitally extending the zoom range to a 25x equivalent using the aptly named Super-resolution Zoom.
A touch of class at every turn – and Live Guide too
As well as 16-megapixel CMOS sensor the Olympus SH-25MR incorporates a slick, touch sensitive LCD into its compact, ultra slim chassis.
This does away with distracting buttons and provides access to unique Olympus system features such as its clever Live Guide. This makes it easier for less experienced users to adjust the likes of depth of field – the portion of the image that is sharply in focus – plus brightness, merely by swiping a finger across an on-screen slider bar.
Touch Shutter allows the user to focus on and photograph any subject simply by touching where they appear on the LCD. Touch AF meanwhile focuses automatically on any subject that is touched, and they remain in focus even if they move.
Of course users of the Olympus SH-25MR can also utilise the Touch Panel to check the GPS and Electric Compass for map and landmark information, or to run a Multi-Effect Slideshow to re-live images from a trip with background music and transition effects.
Click here for a larger image
Dual Image Stabilisation
A bugbear of physically small cameras with relatively larger zooms is the propensity for camera shake at longer focal lengths, especially when shooting handheld or in lower lighting conditions. Olympus therefore offers not one but two means of reducing the potentially damaging effects of image blur.
As a further help, light sensitivity settings between ISO80-6400 are also manually selectable. Alternatively, turn on the built-in flash.
Touch sensitive 3-inch LCD with high 460k-dot resolution
With the Olympus SH-25MR users can both compose and review their images on a large and bright three-inch, high 460,000-dot resolution LCD display. There is also the ability to view them in glorious high definition on a flat panel TV set courtesy of HDMI output.
Full HD video plus Multi-motion Movie IS to banish blur
The Olympus SH-25MR also comes with full HD 1080p video capture, plus the complementary cutting edge technology of Movie IS to reduce blur. The result is that even when you're filming fast moving subjects and simultaneously on the move yourself, video is clear, crisp and vivid. In short, Movie IS ensures that 1080p HD recordings couldn't be better defined, while allowing more adventurous and faster paced filming, including tracking shots without the need for a cumbersome tripod. There's also the ability to shoot a photo and a movie clip simultaneously via the Photo with Movie Clip option.
Click here for a larger image
12.5x wide optical zoom & 16 megapixel resolution offer a killer combination of versatility and performance
Although compact in size, quality hasn't been compromised. Offering a focal range the equivalent of 24-300mm in 35mm film terms that stays true to Olympus' remarkable world class pedigree, users of the SH-25MR can zoom right in on close detail from afar without having to physically take one step closer. A 16-megapixel resolution also helps ensure that shots are detail rich every time, aided by a TruePic V image processor for ideal colours and low noise.
12 Magic Filters for turning the everyday into the extraordinary
Specifically designed to expand the creative potential of digital photography, this impressive function of the SH-25MR utilises in-camera image processing technology to effortlessly transform the everyday into extraordinary scenes. Simple to operate, the filters allow users to create entirely new worlds with their images. From vibrant colours and pencil drawings to mysterious or rounded perspectives, artistic spirits can magically turn ideas into reality. The majority can also be applied to movie clips as well as stills.
Users can choose from Punk, Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Fish Eye, Soft Focus, Sparkle (photos only), Watercolour, Miniature, Reflection, Fragmented (photos only) and Dramatic (photos only).
Click here for a larger image
- Punk: Pose like Sid and Nancy and have your world turned dayglo pink, with this fun feature that transforms your photos into crudely photocopied fanzine style images, but in a good way.
- Pop Art: In the tradition of Andy Warhol, this effect enhances colours, making them stronger and more vivid. It creates high-impact pictures that express the happy, light-hearted feeling of the pop art style.
- Fish-Eye: With its distorted 180-degree perspective, this filter reproduces the dramatic effect of a fish-eye lens. It lends a new perspective to the whole scene with a “round” effect.
- Drawing: This filter gives the impression that subjects have been sketched on the fly by an artist just at the moment that inspiration struck. Images are transformed into line drawings for improvised, creative results.
- Pin Hole: For an ethereal feel, Pin Hole reduces the peripheral brightness of images like an image seen through a pinhole. Added to this is a unique colour tone that results in a style that has an air of secrecy or portrays the feeling of being lost in another dimension or space.
- Soft Focus: Give your portraits that romantic otherworldly look beloved of wedding photographers.
- Sparkle: A Magic Filter that truly imparts a sprinkling of fairy dust, adding twinkling reflections to shiny objects.
- Watercolour: With this option pictures are transformed into a watercolour painting framed by soft light.
- Reflection: A simulation of a magical horizontal reflection of your subject: for example as if it or they were standing next to perfectly still water.
- Miniature: Capture your subject and present them as if on a toy town scale.
- Fragmented: This newest photos-only filter can be applied to a photo of a landscape or people to produce a collage of tiles that looks as if the photo has been cut up and reassembled, providing an almost three dimensional feel.
- Dramatic: A photos only Magic Filter that adds a sense of drama and foreboding to any shot for stunning results even on the dullest of days.
Quick photo surfing thanks to innovative software
Thanks to [ib] software images can be browsed, organized, and viewed by person, place, location or event. And in-camera manual and help guide also ensure you won't be scratching your head to find the correct given setting.
Click here for a larger image
Eye-Fi card compatible
Connectivity is also enhanced by the Olympus SH-25MR being compatible with Eye-Fi media cards, enabling automatic wireless downloading of pictures, straight to your desktop, and facilitating photo sharing. Of course the camera is also compatible with regular SDHC and SDXC media cards.
Automatic aids help deliver better pictures easier
Automatic aids to further perfect picture taking include Face Detection and Shadow Adjustment Technology to ensure perfect focus and exposure for any given subject. Then there's HDR Backlight Adjustment to deploy when shooting against the light, and Handheld Starlight mode for shake free results when photographing at night without a tripod.
Add in Olympus' intelligent auto mode (i-Auto) and AF tracking for easy setting and focusing, Beauty mode for zapping zits, Pet Detection mode for automatically capturing the facial expressions of dogs and cats when they look at the camera, Scene Mode for optimal results in common conditions plus a high speed continuous shooting mode offering up to 60fps if opting for 3 megapixel mode and the SH-25 is a camera that is more than the sum of its parts.
3D photo shooting & in-camera Panorama feature
The Olympus range is now enhanced by optional 3D shooting mode, lending images a striking sense of depth. This mode captures two shots from two different angles to create shots that can be viewed on a 3D compatible display.
An in-camera Panorama mode further allows for images with drama and beauty combined.
USB battery charging
Connect the camera to a computer and let the battery charge while you save and organise your images.
The Olympus SH-25 is available in gold, black, red and white.
Olympus SH-25MR White
Li-50B Lithium-ion battery
CB-USB6 USB Cable
CB-AVC3 Audio/Video Cable
[ib] Image Management Software
Top Customer Reviews
It has a huge variety of settings as well as the option to manually adjust "film" speed, exposure, light level etc as well as having timed and multi-shot settings (and some special effects which are quite cool but probably not really that useful!).
If you're a photographic expert there are probably more things you'd want to have manual control over but for someone who wants a good everyday camera without spending silly money, I would definitely recommend this one.
The landscape setting where you can do a 360 degree photo is as good as useless, v. poor quality.
The on off switch could be better, and the knob needs to be firmed up as it changes setting by itself.
On a positive note the indoor pictures are very good as you rarely need flash which is more than u can say for more expensive SLRs I have about.
The only down side is the gps eats the battery but this is easy to turn off. Buy it and have some fun.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Present for daughter who is very pleased with it. She was a photography student and wanted it for a trip abroadPublished on 11 Oct. 2013 by Mr. Michael D Andrews
A nice camera ,easy to use ,only moan is when you hold camera and use, fingers can stop flash openingPublished on 21 Aug. 2013 by neildavies
Amazing value for money - in Gold (which is more silver), it was a very reasonable £116, and there's a lot features including GPS and touch screen focus and shooting and art... Read morePublished on 13 July 2013 by JuliusF
As it was expected. Good quality product, provided with a considerable zoom and a plus GPS and a nice design from Olympus for this camera.Published on 23 Feb. 2013 by MIQUEL VILA-XIRGO. MIQUEL
I am very happy with this purchase. It does very good job for me. I have already recommended it for my friends.Published on 11 Feb. 2013 by Azbur
A solid camera, haven't been able to explore its full potential yet due to lack of time, but I love it.Published on 15 Jan. 2013 by Ms J Edge