- Audio CD (29 May 2006)
- Number of Discs: 3
- Format: Box set
- Label: Sanctuary
- ASIN: B0002HUXWQ
- Other Editions: MP3 Download
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (10 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 39,649 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake Box set
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, Box set, 29 May 2006
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
LTD TIN CAN WITH 3 CD'S-1.mono album 2. stereo album 3. radio 1 classic album documentary-EAN 5050159199792
Top Customer Reviews
My first impression of the Deluxe Edition is that the sound quality is much better. You get three discs for your money: both mono and stereo versions of the album, as well as a BBC "Classic Albums" documentary featuring interviews with the band (but sadly no contribution from Stanley Unwin).
The sound quality on both versions of the album is excellent, although the vocals tend to get buried in the mono mix. I can't tell offhand if the stereo version uses the same mix as on vinyl, but the missing segue has finally been restored and all's right with the world.
There are also two inserts featuring artwork and extensive sleeve notes, although the small print size is bound to give a lot of people eyestrain, and the narrow hinges between the circular pages look terribly fragile.
My only real problem with the tobacco tin design is that it's very hard to open, in fact I confess that I put a bit of a dent in mine while trying to open it. Possibly not the best method, I must admit.
Some people have complained that the inclusion of the mono mix is redundant, or that they don't want to spend more money on another reissue. Ignore them. Just put on this CD, close your eyes and drift away....
Disc 1 (38:30 minutes):
1. Ogden’s Nut Gone Flake
3. Long Agos And Worlds Apart
5. Song Of A Baker
6. Lazy Sunday
7. Happiness Stan
8. Rollin’ Over
9. The Hungry Intruder
10. The Journey
11. Mad John
12. Happy Days Toy Town
Tracks 1 to 12 are the MONO version of "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake" - their fourth studio album released 24 May 1968 in the UK on Immediate Records IMLP 012
Disc 2 (41:17 minutes):
Tracks 1 to 14 are all PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED (Track 8 Previously Unreleased on CD)
1. Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake (Early Session Version - Mono)
2. Afterglow (Alternate USA Mix - Stereo)
3. Long Agos And Worlds Apart (Alternate USA Mix - Stereo)
4. Rene, The Dockers Delight (Early Session Mix - Stereo)
5. Song Of A Baker (Alternate USA Mix - Stereo)
6. Lazy Sunday (Alternate USA Mix - Stereo)
7. Happiness Stan (Backing Track - Mono)
8. Bun In The Oven (Early Session Mix - Mono)
9. The Fly (Take 4 - Instrumental Version - Stereo)
10. Mad John (Take 7 - Early Session Version - Stereo)
11. HappyDaysToyTown (Alternate USA Mix - Stereo)
12. Kamikhazi (Take 7 - Backing Track - Mono)
13.Read more ›
Destined to be another collectors item because of the metal tin package. My ultimate Ogdens would to see it released in 5.1 surround with the addition on DVD disc of the 60s show Colour Me Pop showing the Small Faces playing the Happiness Stan suite live plus live narration from Stanley Unwin [bless him] - maybe for the 40th Anniversary in 2 years time?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A fantastic whimsical psychedelic rock album with strong mod and folk influences. Packaged here in a real tobacco tin, presented with a good quality digital mastering of both mono... Read morePublished 8 months ago by christine grindley
Husband went GAGA over this when he got it...end of story ! If you know someone who is a Small Faces collector then this is a must have.Published on 28 Oct. 2014 by Savage Wolf