Offshore Wind Energy Cost Modeling: Installation and Decommissioning (Green Energy and Technology) Paperback – 24 Feb 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Offshore wind energy is one of the most promising and fastest growing alternative energy sources in the world. Offshore Wind Energy Cost Modeling provides a methodological framework to assess installation and decommissioning costs, and using examples from the European experience, provides a broad review of existing processes and systems used in the offshore wind industry.
Offshore Wind Energy Cost Modeling provides a step-by-step guide to modeling costs over four sections. These sections cover:
·Background and introductory material,
·Installation processes and vessel requirements,
·Installation cost estimation, and
·Decommissioning methods and cost estimation.
This self-contained and detailed treatment of the key principles in offshore wind development is supported throughout by visual aids and data tables. Offshore Wind Energy Cost Modeling is a key resource for anyone interested in the offshore wind industry, particularly those interested in the technical and economic aspects of installation and decommissioning. The book provides a reliable point of reference for industry practitioners and policy makers developing generalizable installation or decommissioning cost estimates.
About the Author
Mark J Kaiser is Professor and Director, Research and Development Division, Center for Energy Studies, Louisiana State University, USA. He is also Adjunct Professor in the Department of Petroleum Engineering and in the Department of Environmental Studies, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA. He has a PhD in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA.
Brian F Snyder is a Research Associate at the Center for Energy Studies, Louisiana State University, USA. He is a Ph.D. candidate in Ecology at the University of Georgia, Athens GA, USA.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Organisational Theory & Behaviour
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Strategy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Energy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Energy Technology > Alternative Energy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Energy Engineering