- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Offshore Mechanics: Structural and Fluid Dynamics for Recent Applications Hardcover – 16 Feb 2018
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers also shopped for
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Covers theoretical concepts in offshore mechanics with consideration to new applications, including offshore wind farms, ocean energy devices, aquaculture, floating bridges, and submerged tunnels
This comprehensive book covers important aspects of the required analysis and design of offshore structures and systems and the fundamental background material for offshore engineering. Whereas most of the books currently available in the field use traditional oil, gas, and ship industry examples in order to explain the fundamentals in offshore mechanics, this book uses more recent applications, including recent fixed-bottom and floating offshore platforms, ocean energy structures and systems such as wind turbines, wave energy converters, tidal turbines and hybrid marine platforms.
Offshore Mechanics covers traditional and more recent methodologies used in offshore structure modelling (including SPH and hydroelasticity models). It also examines numerical techniques, including computational fluid dynamics and finite element method. Additionally, the book features easy-to-understand exercises and examples.
- Provides a comprehensive treatment for the case of recent applications in offshore mechanics for researchers and engineers
- Presents the subject of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and finite element methods (FEM) along with the high fidelity numerical analysis of recent applications in offshore mechanics
- Offers insight into the philosophy and power of numerical simulations and an understanding of the mathematical nature of the fluid and structural dynamics with focus on offshore mechanic applications
Offshore Mechanics: Structural and Fluid Dynamics for Recent Applications is an important book for graduate and senior undergraduate students in offshore engineering and for engineers and researchers in the offshore industry.
About the Author
MADJID KARIMIRAD, PhD, is a Senior Lecturer in Marine and Coastal Engineering in the School of Natural and Built Environment, Queen's University Belfast (QUB), United Kingdom (UK). CONSTANTINE MICHAILIDES, PhD, is a Lecturer of Offshore Structures/Engineering in the Civil Engineering and Geomatics Department at Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus. ALI NEMATBAKHSH, PhD, is an Assistant Project Scientist in the Department of Mathematics at the University of California, Riverside, USA.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|