- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Offshore Hardcover – 4 Oct 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Alain Deneault is a sociologist at the University of Quebec in Montreal. He is co-author of Black Canada: Pillage, Corruption, and Criminality in Africa. He lives in Montreal.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Reality is, the wealthy tax evaders, corporations, drug dealers and other criminals are running amuck throughout the world right now in a variety of tax havens too numerous to count. This excellent book acts like a skeleton key to a variety of topics too numerous to completely describe in this short book.
As the noose begins to tighten on the unpatriotic, vile people who think they are above the law, this book provides a ring side seat to the game plan that the world's responsible democracies will follow as the evil of tax evasion is hounded out of existence. This will be among the hardest chores ever attempted, as the wealthy have decided that they are above the law and have the right to enjoy all the benefits of living in a civilized society without paying for it. But, they are deluded if they think they can get away with it forever. One by one, these tax havens, secrecy jurisdictions and other facilitators of the multi-trillion-dollar/euro/eurodollar/petrodollar underground banking system will be cornered and exterminated like the vermin they are. They may think they can escape but that is hubris in the extreme. After all, this is a tiny world and--as this book so eloquently describes--you can run but you can't hide.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > True Crime > Mafia & Organised Crime
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Public
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Taxation
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics