Official Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows (Xbox 360)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- **Please note that this stock will not come in official Microsoft packaging because they have not been sold by Microsoft directly as retail products**
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows lets you take your quality, wireless gaming experiences that you enjoy on your console and experience them on your Games for Windows platform.
- Will work with future Xbox 360 Wireless Accessories.
- Provides up to a 30-foot range for complete wireless freedom.
- Use up to four Wireless Controllers and four Wireless Headsets simultaneously with one Wireless Gaming Receiver.
- Easily integrates with PC gaming scenarios and utilizes the same binding technology as Xbox 360.
- Provides a great value by eliminating the need for additional accessories for Windows-based gaming at an attractive price point.
- Plugs into a PC USB port and has a six foot cable.
- Future drivers available for Windows Vista™ and Force Feedback for the Wireless Racing Wheel.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
818 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had purchased the cheaper QUMOX XBOX 360 Wireless USB receiver but this despite being picked up by Win10 just fine couldn't keep a signal without constant drop outs on the controller (yes I chose to install the drivers manually). This Official 360 receiver worked perfectly out of the box and I haven't had an issue since.
The packaging of this product was a tad odd though - it came in a small, clear bag and nothing else.
The adapter has a good range too as my sofa is a good 5 feet away from the TV. In summary, if you're like me and have several 360 wireless controllers or just don't like wired pads then this is perfect. It supports up to four controllers although I have only tested it with two so far with no problems.
Overall a brilliant purchase and well worth the money when it saved me from buying several wired controllers. Highly recommended!
If it hadn't been for that, I'd have given it five stars: it works perfectly. I've just built a gaming PC after five years of using an Xbox 360, and wasn't entirely sure I wanted to go back to using a keyboard and mouse; at least not for games primarily aimed at consoles. The first game I bought, Assassin's Creed 3, has borne this out - using my Xbox controller along with the wireless receiver it essentially plays just the same as with the Xbox, which is exactly what I wanted. I've only had the one game so far, so can't comment on broader support among games makers for controllers of this type, but I'm very pleased so far.
With regard to an up-to-date driver, I followed the advice given in other customer reviews and didn't even attempt to use the supplied CD. I went to the Microsoft website and downloaded the latest driver, and it worked without a hitch. I just have the receiver plugged into a USB port round the back of my desktop, and, having paired the controller with the receiver, all is done. I just have to remember to activate the controller before I start playing.
As for remarks about not being able to turn off the controller (unlike with an Xbox the central button does not of course turn off either the computer or the controller), this isn't a problem for me, as I have one into which I fit my own rechargeable batteries. I simply release the battery compartment to turn it off, and clip it back in again.