Customer reviews

on 20 February 1999
I liked the format of the book, with different chapters that gave either subtle hints or full solutions. It says right at the beginning of a chapter what type of hints are in the chapter. The only chapter I was dissapointed in was the "Journal" walkthrough chapter. In the Myst Strategy Guide, it had headings over each section, so if you only wanted help on a certain puzzle, it was easy to get it. The Riven book doesn't have headings, so when you glance through, looking for the right place, you see the solutions to other puzzles you don't want help on. Other than this, it's a great book.
on 5 April 1999
I couldn't of done better without it.The book makes you witness stuning graphics and exelent sound.Riven fans that cannot get anywhere without this book,this one is for you.
on 3 January 1998
This book has the perfect hints for Riven. Even if you don't want hints, it still is good because the hints don't reveal all the solutions, which is exactly the best way to enjoy the game- to answer questions by yourself and just wander around. Solving puzzles is definately NOT the point of the game. The process of it is.
on 12 June 1999
I liked the pictures and the walkthrough and all the other things in the game, but in some real important places it "failed me". I couldn't understand how it meant to enter the number into the domes or the star fissure portal and had to figure it out myself.
on 17 December 1997
While 'Official Riven the Sequel to Myst Hints and Solutions' does provide good help, I found that when a certain crucial combination that I had tried and tried was not working and I looked to the book for help, I found that the true solution is not in there. Now I am left to wait until someone I know figures it out. Needy and lacking.
on 13 May 1998
It's a complicated book and it forces you to follow a line of order and one of the advantages of this game is that you can make your story