Price:£3.98+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 22 July 2014
Having read some of the comments on here I wasn't too sure if a real or copy was going to arrive. Pleased to say it's the original including the secret code which allows you to register it on the Official Rainbow Loom site. Also came with a pack of 600 original bands . The reason I have only given it 4 stars is I I have only 1 complaint. It comes with the plastic tipped hook instead of metal one, thankfully I have a metal one so no fear of it snapping as I do complicated items and the multiple bands can get very difficult to lift over. I can only assume this is older stock as the newer ones including the official long loom now come with the metal hook after warnings were sent out about the plastic one snapping and having very sharp points left. You can upgrade with this but find that approx £7.99 is a bit expensive and I tend to also use a normal 2.5 ml crochet hook which is handy when making animals as you can hold more on the crochet hook then original and I got a pack of 8 different sizes for £3.99 and that was on prime. Other than that it's a good buy, great for traveling as easy to pack in a bag with a variety of bands and clips and does come with instructions for one bracelet and a blue extra bit on the end so there should be no excuse for anyone using their fingers and cutting off circulation which has been reported.if you want to make smaller charms it's excellent for doing so as you can hold it in your hands, and I have found that using it in conjunction with the full pegged loom I have managed far better creations than just bracelets.
22 Comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2017
it a good I think you buy one or two
on 28 July 2014
I am 68, and NOT a grandmother, so I don't have that as an excuse for playing with loom bands. I make bracelets for sale at a local craft fair, so am always on the lookout for something that might sell. I recently discovered loom bands, and am having a great time with them. I bought an official Rainbow Loom loom, which is great, but a little cumbersome for making 2-pin or 4-pin designs. This Monster Tail loom is perfect for these, as it is small enough to sit in the palm of my hand. It also leaves my large loom free for when I get fed up with the design I am doing and want to switch to something else! My one gripe (also with the big loom) is the anticounterfeit code, I am going to have to buy a magnifying glass to read it! All in all, a great little piece of kit. Recommended.
on 29 June 2014
My granddaughter was delighted with this product. Would recommend to anyone, but I would advise this is done with adult supervision!!!! As with any product containing small parts.
This is the best little loom (and easiest I know of) that kids can start to use to make bracelets with although be aware that it is designed specifically to make variations of Tail bracelets i.e. fishtails, quad tails etc of which there are stacks of variations on design - just look on YouTube for some awesome patterns to make.

Unlike the large standard Rainbow loom, this one is highly portable and easy to take wherever kids go so good for journeys: car, plane, train and for getting out in a cafe or even restaurant when children get understandably bored in waiting for adults to hurry up!

A lot of children learn how to make these bracelets by making them on their fingers - this board mimics that process which makes it easier for kids to understand and it enhances that since it provides 8 pegs to work on instead of 5 digits on a hand. That allows for a lot more design options.

My 7 year old did not get the standard loom at all - but she understood how to use this monster tail one straightaway and made quite a tricky bracelet on her first attempt just by looking at the photo instructions.

I think it gives a great deal with the board, official bands and the special hook that you use to latch on to the bands and pull them over the pegs. It has given hours of fun and despite being a cheap present for my daughter's birthday, it was actually her favorite one. Fab craft toy.
on 8 August 2014
This has just arrived and my daughter is in tears because it is most definately NOT an original Rainbow Loom product. The box has been copied from the original but it says Rainbow ROOM. There is no scratch panel for authentication. The hooking tool is very cheap quality and has no imprinted text on it. This product will be going straight back. I have never written a negative review of anything before but this needs to be stopped so that kids don't waste their money on cheap imitations
on 28 June 2014
If you buy thus item from Linen Ideas beware, it is not an official Rainbow Loom product, it is a cheaper fake. The give away being the lack of Rainbow Loom branding imprint, cheap bands, s clips instead of c clips and sharper edges on the monster tail. It's not a terrible fake, quite well made and listed at a low price (so I wasn't surprised it was a fake). I will mist likely be sending it back as I know my daughter will snap most of the cheapy loom bands included. Shame on you Linen Ideas for false advertising.
66 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this for my 7 year old son for travelling with. He loves loom bands but the original loom is not very travel friendly. The monster tail is perfect for him and not going to lie, I love it aswell. lol. You can make all the designs for the monster tail on the normal rainbow loom but I just prefer this. I can sit in bed and make charms and more advanced bracelet's that my kid has yet to master.

So a big thumbs up from a Happy 7 year old boy!!
on 27 June 2014
The monster tail it brilliant I haven't put it down I love making all sorts of wonderful things with it. The loom band are very strong and the colours are lovely. In the instruction manual it gives you the instruction on how to make the quad fish and the criss cross quad fish bracelets. Unfortunately the plastic loom hook broke within a couple of uses because I put so much tension on it. All in all a great buy I would highly recommended this loom it is great! The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because the hook broke.
on 7 July 2014
Absolutely fab item, arrived on time and no probs whatsoever. Thank you.