- Platform: Mac OS X
- Media: Software
- Item Quantity: 1
Office for Mac Home and Student Edition 2011 (1 User, 1Mac)
|Price:||£89.90 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Licensed for home and student use on 1 (one) Mac; not for use in any commercial, non-profit, or revenue generating business activities, or by any government organisation
- Office for Mac 2011 includes Mac versions of Word 2011, Excel 2011, and PowerPoint 2011; the most familiar and trusted productivity applications used around the world at home, school, and business
- Reliable compatibility with the over 1 billion Macs and PCs running Office worldwide ensures you have the right tools to create, share, and collaborate with virtually anyone, anywhere, with no worries
- Office for Mac 2011 offers top-of-the-line software with the most complete feature set, so you can deliver impressive, professional-looking documents and presentations
- Office Web App support: New Office Web Apps let you post, access, edit, and share Office documents from where you want with nearly any computer with a browser; and coauthor a document with multiple people in multiple locations.1
- Also includes Messenger for Mac 8 enabling you to communicate in real time with audio and video support, and Remote Desktop for Mac 2 so you can drive your Windows-based PC from your Mac
- Requires a Windows Live ID, internet connection and supported browser. There are differences between features of the Office Web Apps and the Office 2011 applications.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
For All Life’s Opportunities
Office for Mac 2011 is here to help you do more with your Mac your way. Use familiar applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to help you take your ideas further. And since Office for Mac is compatible with Office for Windows, you can work on documents with virtually anyone on a Mac or PC. Store your files in a password protected online SkyDrive folder to access, edit, or share your work from virtually anywhere with the free Office Web Apps.
Word for Mac 2011: Create visually rich newsletters, brochures, and documents in Publishing Layout view.
Excel for Mac 2011: Spot trends with new Sparklines, small charts that fit in a single cell.
PowerPoint for Mac 2011: Move beyond the conference room and broadcast your presentations online.
What’s New and Improved
- Ribbon: Access favourite commands quickly, and personalise your workspace
- Office Web Apps: Post, edit, and share files from virtually anywhere
- Coauthoring: Simultaneously edit a file with authors in multiple locations
- Template Gallery: Visually select the perfect template for your next project
- Photo Editing: Remove backgrounds or add colour filters right within PowerPoint
- Full Screen View: Use full screen to maximise space for reading and writing
- Presentation Broadcast: Broadcast a presentation instantly online, even to people without PowerPoint
- Improved Publishing Layout View: Create visually rich newsletters, brochures, and documents easily
- Sparklines: Create small charts in a single cell to discover patterns in your data
- Visual Basic Support: Automate repetitive tasks by programming your favourite commands
- Dynamic Reordering: Rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly
Included Programs and Top Features
Microsoft Office for Mac adds rich new features to the familiar Office applications you already know, helping you to manage your home and schoolwork the way you want.
Word for Mac 2011
Powerful writing tools help you create outstanding documents, then store, edit, and share your work easily on the web.
- Create visually rich newsletters, brochures, and documents in Publishing Layout view
- Instantly see styles applied in your document with Visual Styles
- Work in Full Screen view to maximise space for reading and writing documents
- Rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering
- View, edit, store, and share documents online with the Word Web App on Windows Live SkyDrive
- Share and coauthor Word documents with virtually anyone, whether they’re using Office on a Mac or PC
Excel for Mac 2011
Clarify your financial picture with easy-to-analyse spreadsheets you can post online to view, edit, share, or coauthor with your team from virtually anywhere.
- Clarify your data using Conditional Formatting with icons, data bars, and colour scales
- Spot trends with new Sparklines, small charts that fit in a single cell
- Spend more time analysing data and less time sifting through it with PivotTables
- Organise, filter, and format related data with Excel tables
- Increase efficiency and save time by automating repetitive tasks using Visual Basic
- View, edit, store, and share spreadsheets online with the Excel Web App on Windows Live SkyDrive
- Share and coauthor Excel spreadsheets with virtually anyone, whether they’re using Office on a Mac or PC
PowerPoint for Mac 2011
Create powerful, professional presentations that engage and inspire your audience, and present online as effectively as in person.
- Remove backgrounds or add colour filters to your photos right within PowerPoint
- Move beyond the conference room and broadcast your presentations online
- Rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering
- Rehearse, check your timing, and take notes in Presenter View
- View, edit, store, and share Office documents online with the PowerPoint Web App on Windows Live SkyDrive
- Share and coauthor PowerPoint presentations with virtually anyone, whether they’re using Office on a Mac or PC
- A Mac computer with an Intel processor
- Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later
- 1 GB of RAM recommended
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space
- HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
- DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network)
- 1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor
Additional items or services are required to use some features
- Certain online functionality requires a Windows Live ID
- Certain features require Internet access (fees may apply)
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 5:31 Mins|
If you're here, then you may already own Office:Mac 2008 and I'm sure thoughts will be mixed. The software is a package that ultimately had potential, but various attributes let it down such as, the fact that Microsoft tell you to update the programs every month with 'Critical Updates' to fix 'Vulnerability Issues'. When such is the case, why release a product thats updates equate to a larger size than the original installation?
Rest assured however that 2011 is a smoother ride. Whats more, its not even a 64bit package, but I think they can be forgiven on this front since 64bit technology only enhances software thats uses lots and lots of RAM. 2011 is a little lighter on this front. Upon working on each application for half and hour, the average memory sum was around 90mb, so I'm happy that Microsoft have done at least one thing right.
It doesn't stop there though, because the entire package has seen modernisation. The biggest change of all is the Ribbon interface - something that I completely despise on the Windows port of this software, yet on Office:Mac 2011, i'm seriously impressed. The Ribbon, although looking similar in features, is more accomplished on the Mac version since it labels more of the icons and makes the features more 'obvious'. One of the most idiotic aspects of Office for Windows is that the icons on the Ribbon are all too often completely ambiguous.
Whats more, the 'levels' on the Ribbon are denoted clearer, and they are completely customiseable - unlike on the Windows version, were only the 'block' of features could be swapped around.Read more ›
However, a number of issues continually occurred when documents were being sent backwards and forwards to colleagues. For instance, essential formatting was being lost.
I very reluctantly had to concede that for some specific work related tasks, Word for Mac was pretty well a necessity as a lot of time was being wasted trying to sort out the problems encountered.
It loaded from disc quite easily - although it took far longer than I anticipated.
It's not my intention to use Powerpoint or Excel as I'm very happy with the Apple software. Word will be used when required for work purposes and it does what is expected of it.
I previously worked with Word 2007 and this is obviously more up to date.
While it does have some useful tricks, I really do feel I have literally been dragged kicking and screaming back to using Microsoft software!
Surely there must be a way of seamlessly integrating documents for use on either system?
Perhaps if I had a bit more patience our IT guys would have worked through the problems and found a fix - but at the end of the day, time is money so it worked out more cost effective just to buy this.
It seems to work well and obviously serves its purpose so would gain five stars for that BUT I've reduced to four stars as I really do feel forced into buying it!
1. I did not receive a cd. I received an activation code in a box, original;
2. The few existing instructions are in Italian. Ok never mind for me ... IF those Were clear instructions! BUT No;
3. The link on the box/instructions did not work for 2011 MS Office. That was for 2016 version. Then I Google-d to find out the website to download 2011 version;
4. Ok... After finding out about the correct website: The code was showing as an invalid code. Frustrated!!!;
5. Then I still tried: I found out Microsoft online chat and phone suport;
6. The Microsoft Advisor guy wanted to acess remotely my Mac. I refused to this option. He could not do anything without access in to my new Mac. This Microsoft advisor rang me twice to access my Mac (in the middle of the night) That was unpleseant part;
7. After all this, about 2 hours wasted with all above, next morning I tried to install again... Did not worked!
8. I gave up on this. I returned the item and received a refund after 3 weeks!
But you know, maybe it was my code prob, others from the reviewers codes worked; and good reviews.
Plus if you do not mind Microsoft guys come in to your machine ... it may be ok product for you.
I would advise the seller to review on the instructions, in order to make life easier for your customers.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Microsoft Office for MAC 2011
Excellent value for money and works seemlessly and delightfully on my 2016 Macbook Pro
Ordered version with DVD but received one with key. Downloaded OK once you select the correct language.Published 4 months ago by Kevin of Bath
I bought Office for Mac 2011 last week after carefully searched and read all the negative & positive feedbacks. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Mr. Aamir Siddiqui
Product arrived- opened up and everything in Italian. Not as described.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer