Office Fitness Walking Treadmill Electric Motorized Treadmill for Home or Office Use 500W Motor - 1 Year's Warranty
|You Save:||£30.00 (10%)|
- Office Treadmill designed to let you walk whilst working at home or at work, offering significant calorie burning
- Improve cardiovascular fitness, lessen health risks associated with sedentary behaviour. Just simple walking on your Office Fitness Treadmill, can improve your mental alertness, heighten creativity, fight depression, increase daily productivity and can even improve your overall wellbeing. An effective way to burn extra calories
- Features a multi-function display that allows to track one's progress in speed, distance, and calories burned. Weight Limit 100kg. Contains low noise 500W motor and a safety emergency stop key for your safety
- 1 - 6 mph, Quiet 500W motor, Frequency rate: 50/60 HZ, Rate of voltage: 220-240V, Runway Belt: 100 x 34CM. Product Dimensions: dimensions are 122cm long, 50cm wide, 18cm high (higher end) and 8 cm high (lower end).
- Needs very little maintenance apart from occasional belt lubrication and monitoring treadmill belt alignment and tension. Full Year's Warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Office Fitness Walking Treadmill designed to be used for steady and effective indoor walking workout using a quiet and efficient electric motor that offers a marked contrast to cheaper non-motorised models. In an office setting, treadmill usage as seen as increasingly effective alternative to being sedentary when combined with either a standing desk (see Office Fitness Sit-Stand Electric Desk) or Laptop Stand.
Walking rather than prolonged sitting offers significant health benefits; considerable weight loss (200kCals/hr at 4mph), disease prevention, cardiovascular improvements. Studies show that walking can increase blood flow to the brain, helping improve your memory by as much as 15 percent in a six-month period. At the same time, walking on a treadmill promotes healthy restorative sleep patterns, which in turn decreases your stress levels.
Multi-function display (Speed, Time, Distance and Calories Burned). The Office Fitness Treadmill is a purpose buit walking treadmill (not a running machine), maximum speed 4mph which equates to a brisk walk requiring full arm swing. As with all Office Fitness products comes with one year warranty
The revised Walking Treadmill designed for steady indoor walking now uses a new quieter and more efficient electric motor. In addition, the space-saving 34cm runway offers the more practical option of a chair alongside offering variation between sitting, standing and walking. For most people this is more than wide enough for the natural walking gait but just to be sure, we advise marking out two strips of tape, 34cm apart and observing whether the lines are crossed when walking and looking ahead.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The unit itself is very compact compared to a normal treadmill, and folds up to stand against a wall when not in use. It's about 25kg, I think, but i found it easy to move when it's assembled.
All was fine but for one really important thing. The treadmill belt itself is very, very narrow - I measured it at about 12 inches / 30 cm. This was far too narrow for me to walk on safely - I kept tripping over my feet or the runners at the side of the belt, and that was without trying to do any work! It could do with the safety runners at either side being a couple of inches narrower, and the belt being at least a few inches wider.
I'd bought this with the folding laptop stand and the two together, if the treadmill had been ok, would have been great - exercise while you work, and both would fold out of the way when not in use.
I should say that the sellers were brilliant about taking this back. No fuss, no quibble, very efficient and friendly. They mentioned that this was a new line for them. It might work well for other people, but I think you'd need to be quite petite or have a very narrow stride pattern to work with this.
• It's not silent, but it's quiet enough that it doesn't bother my other half while I'm walking on it.
• The walking area is only 12 inches wide but this doesn't appear to be an issue, and I'm 6'3". I brush the sides with my feet from time to time but it hasn't affected my stride or my work.
• As mentioned in one of the other reviews, the treadmill does turn itself off after 30 minutes. This was a bit of a shock the first time, but I now use this and a good way of reminding myself to take a break for a couple of minutes.
My only complaint is the control panel emits ear piercing beeps each time you press one of the buttons and there appears to be no way to stop this.
Of course this doesn't come with a desk but I think that's also a good thing as a lot of the desks I've seen with walking treadmills are not exactly my taste. I was able to hack one together with some random Ikea bits and bobs which is now perfect for my height.
Overall I'm extremely happy with this purchase, and even if it doesn't last much beyond it's warranty I could still buy many of these for less than some of the other treadmill desks on the market.
- The with of the band is not a problem at all.
- Very light and easy to move - fits perfectly below my bed.
- The treadmill stops automatically after one hour of use (not 30m as specified by earlier reviewers - I suppose they changed this in the 2014 model). This is unproblematic for me - after one hour I usually need a break anyway.
Overall I'm very satisfied with this product, especially considering the price. Pair this with the IKEA lack standing desk "hack" (http://iamnotaprogrammer.com/Ikea-Standing-desk-for-22-dollars.html), and you have a complete treadmill desk solution which is quite a lot cheaper than other alternatives.
It is a great way to do some measured exercise as vigorous or (in my case) as gentle as you wish. I am back on it again at a mere 1MPH (slowest speed) - I actually lean on my high desk as I read a book and very slowly move my legs, this helps me improve my dire circulation and keep things moving when I don't have the energy to even walk round the block.
Another reviewer complained about the belt being too narrow, my reply to that was:
"I have to say for me personally the belt width is spot on, at belt width of 336mm and actual space between edges of 344mm. I am 6ft tall and a medium weight of 80kg. I am guessing that for anyone who is seriously overweight and very large (and possibly wider than me) it might be a bit narrow, but if you are small average or even large, I think it's fine, so long as you are also sober!"
The treadmill arrived within a couple of days of ordering and was very easy to set up. Plug in and go is near enough as simple as you're going to get. It's quiet, sturdy and easy to operate, and I'm particularly pleased that it's easy to read from a Kindle and walk on the treadmill at the same time. Working in a standing position was OK for some routine tasks, though I confess that solving a tricky problem where usually I'd lean back in the chair to ponder it hasn't yet come naturally.
The treadmill comes complete with the handlebars so that you can use it away from the desk too, and so mine has made its way downstairs on occasion whilst the TV's on. It's on a little bit of an incline when the full apparatus is added (just a case of twisting some bolts to accomplish that) so the walk is a bit harder than in office mode, but again it's a case that I can get my steps in without having to leave the house, and at the same time carrying out the (in)activity that I would've done from a sitting position.
I can't see any drawback to this product at all, as long as you bear in mind that it's for walking rather than running and so doesn't go much past a brisk stroll.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've been a sedentary desk worker for 20+ years, with a dodgy lower back exacerbated by long hours of sitting. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Diana
it was down to this vs another brand @ twice the price. i tentatively chose this one and am more than happy i did. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Bought this for my husband for Christmas and he's delighted with it. Comes all ready to go, no installation to do. Read morePublished 6 months ago by A reader
This was a present , 1st one was faulty excellent customer service and exchanged with no problem , well donePublished 9 months ago by Skooby
Excellent value. Arrived very promptly. No complicated setup, you just remove it from the packaging. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Tahra
Top quality product, will definitely buy from this seller againPublished 14 months ago by B M LEIGH
We had an accident holding the controller while treadmill was running which saw the wire snap. Now only set the controller down somewhere safe! Read morePublished 14 months ago by AC
Excellent- only used the slowest speed (1) so far while I get used to typing and walking, but the slowest speed is fine. Trackband perfectly wide enough for me- I am 5 foot 3. Read morePublished 16 months ago by abcd