- Also check our best rated Pregnancy Book reviews
Odd Girl Out: An Autistic Woman in a Neurotypical World Hardcover – 6 Apr 2017
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
There are so many myths about what it means to be autistic and Laura tells her story beautifully and truthfully. You will live every moment with her, feel her pain and want to right the wrongs. Some books make a big difference, this is one of them. It should be read by everyone. (Natasha Harding, the Sun)
A moving, lucid account of feeling different and ‘other’, Odd Girl Out is an invaluable insight that allows you to see the world through autistic eyes. (Get the Gloss)
Laura James has dug deep into her 'differentness' and emerged with a book of breathtaking honesty, humour and insight. Odd Girl Out is a brilliant antidote to all the cliches and misinformation surrounding autism (Stephen Sackur, journalist and presenter of BBC HARDtalk)
An important, touching and incredibly honest book with a wry sense of humour, which challenges the preconceived ideas people have about autistic life. (Rachael Lucas, author of Sealed With a Kiss and The State of Grace)
A powerful memoir about dealing with a diagnosis of autism in womanhood.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
As a woman diagnosed later in life with autism myself, this book really hit home. It was great to find somebody else that understands and it helped me understand myself a little better.
A must read book especially for anybody interested in autism in girls and women or those diagnosed later in life with autism.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Science
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Living with Cancer & Other Illnesses
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Living with Disabilities
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Pregnancy & Childcare > Children's Health & Nutrition > Autism
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature