- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Octonauts - The Collection [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£5.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Collection of episodes from the children's animated series following a team of underwater adventurers. Led by Captain Barnacles Bear, Lieutenant Kwazii Cat, Medic Peso Penguin and the other heroes travel through the sea helping various creatures and making new discoveries. After a hard day's work they return to their base, known as the Octopod. The episodes are: 'Whale Shark', 'Undersea Storm', 'Crab and Urchin', 'Walrus Chief', 'Flying Fish', 'Giant Squid', 'Orcas', 'Great Algae Escape', 'Remipedes', 'Blobfish Brothers', 'Lost Sea Star', 'Giant Kelp Forest', 'Speedy Sailfish', 'Monster Map', 'Albino Humpback Whale', 'Enemy Anemones', 'Narwhal', 'Midnight Zone', 'Snapping Shrimp', 'Snot Sea Cucumber', 'Giant Whirlpool', 'Hermit Crabs', 'Mixed Up Whales' and 'Kelp Forest Rescue'.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The DVDs have the following episodes:
1. Here come the Octonauts! (Whale Shark * Undersea Storm * Crab & Urchin * Walrus Chief * Flying Fish * Giant Squid * Orcas * Great Algae Escape * 8 Creature Reports)
2. To the Gups! (Remipedes * Blobfish Brothers * Lost Sea Star * Giant Kelp Forest * Speedy Sailfish * Monster Map * Albino Humpback Whale * Enemy Anemones * Great Penguin Race - 22 minute special * 8 Creature Reports)
3. Ready for Action! (Narwhal * Midnight Zone * Snapping Shrimp * Snot Sea Cucumber * Giant Whirlpool * Hermit Crab * Mixed Up Whales * Kelp Forest Rescue * Great Christmas Rescue - 22 minute special * How to make a Gup X - 3 minute special * 8 Creature Reports)
1 Here come the Octonauts (8 episodes)
2 To the Gups (9 episodes)
3 Ready for Action! (9 episodes)
It is essentially the first three DVDs boxed up together. It also includes the extras (24 creature reports, "the great penguin race" episode, "the great Christmas rescue" episode and "how to make a Gup")
This is good value (currently priced at 9.99) compared to buying all three separately. Our children are big Octonauts fans, and so are delighted to be able to watch all the episodes again (and again, and again....)
The Octonauts are a group of animals that live underwater in the 'octopod' (which reminds me of the baddie's secret hideout from The Spy Who Loved Me). They have a mission to 'explore, rescue, protect', which they do by patrolling the oceans in a range of fish-like vehicles known as 'gups'. They are also assisted by the mysterious 'vegimals'. They're kind of like aquatic animal thunderbirds. FAB Kwazii!
I occasionally find myself wondering about the ethics of their distinctly interventionist approach - but it's just possible I'm taking it all a bit too seriously! :-)
Most importantly - the kids love it. You get three CDs (in normal boxes - packed in to one cardboard pack) and loads of episodes, so it's great value. My favourite thing is the way the sea creatures all have regional accents - like scouse walruses and Geordie flying-fish. My favourite Octonaut is the engineer, Tweak - a green rabbit with a Southern US accent, who's always got a 'bunch of munchy crunchy carrots' on the go. Superb!
There are 3 dvd's in the pack and between them they offer a wide selection of episodes, with hours of footage for any little octonauts fan.
I find the octonauts very bearable as an adult, unlike some children's programmes which really grate on your nerves after a while.
They are also educational, he has learnt a lot from the octonauts - even I have learnt about some species I had never heard of before. They also teach children the message about protecting our oceans and the creatures living in it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this Octonauts dvd collection for my son, but I would be lying if I said I'm not enjoying them, too. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Roberto Prevato
Bought as a present for grandchildren who are hooked on Octonauts. Cannot go wrong with this.Published 1 month ago by Mersak