VINE VOICEon 1 March 2005
A charming story that explores the world through a model railway with warm homely and illustrations. I also noticed the positive image of older people which was a pleasant change from many more trendy children's titles. The story creates the magical idea that Joe can go anywhere and as his holiday ends his head holds infinite dreams as he can travel on that train himself. This should be a must for any train-obsessed preschooler - my 3 year old son loves it - and any parent or grandparent who is onto Hornby.
on 17 July 2005
Ocean Star Express is beautiful - pictures, words and the story. It makes train sets magical ways to travel. My son likes the pictures and we talk about the places visited. Good read for any 5 year old.
on 16 August 2011
I was looking for a book with trains in it for my little boy, so I bought Ocean Star Express. It is a beautiful book and my little boy likes to listen to the story over and over again and look at the pictures. It is a good bedtime book because my son can think of the story while he falls asleep.
on 3 May 2013
Beautifully, very English story, with beautiful illustrations. A great bedtime read for any bubba who loves trains and has imagination.