- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Ocean Acidification Paperback – 10 Nov 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Ocean acidification, or more correctly ocean carbonation as the opening chapter in this excellent book reminds us, is the by now well known effect of the massive on-going transfer of fossil fuel CO2 from the atmosphere to the ocean. I liked this book and will dip into it often. These are the best and the brightest giving the state-of-the-art in 2011." -- Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin
"Overall, Ocean Acidification provides an excellent summary of the current key knowledge of ocean acidification and will prove to be a very good reference for current researchers of the subject, and a must for those in the science community who have a keen interest in finding out more about this fascinating and important subject." -- Clare Green, School of Ocean Sciences, Bangor University, GEO: The Quarterly Newsletter of The European Geosciences Union
About the Author
Jean-Pierre Gattuso is CNRS Research Professor at the Laboratoire d'Océanographie de Villefranche, CNRS and Université Pierre et Marie Curie-Paris 6. His main research activity relates to the cycling of carbon and carbonate in coastal ecosystems. More recently, he focused on the response of marine organisms and ecosystems to ocean acidification and published his first paper on this topic in 1998. He is the Scientific Coordinator of the FP7 large-scale integrated project EPOCA (European Project on Ocean Acidification). Jean-Pierre Gattuso is co-editor of the "Guide to Best Practices in Ocean Acidification Research and Data Reporting" published by the European Publications Office in 2010. He is also the Founding President of the Biogeosciences Division of the European Geosciences Union (2001-2005) and the Founding editor-in-chief of the journal Biogeosciences (2004-2009). More information is available at: http://www.obs-vlfr.fr/~gattuso and http://epoca-project.eu. Lina Hansson has a Master of Science in Biotechnology Engineering and is the project manager of EPOCA - the European Project on Ocean Acidification. She co-edited the "Guide to Best Practices in Ocean Acidification Research and Data Reporting", a guidance document for the ocean acidification research community covering seawater carbonate chemistry, experimental design of perturbation experiments, measurements of CO2-sensitive processes and data reporting and usage. The guide was published in 2010 and is freely available from http://www.epoca-project.eu/index.php/Home/Guide-to-OA-Research/. Lina Hansson is the co-author of several articles on the EPOCA project in the newsletters of IMBER, SOLAS, LOICZ and The Eggs and in a special issue of Oceanography magazine on ocean acidification published in 2009.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Hydrobiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Oceanography
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment