- Also check our best rated Whiskey reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £4.95 UK delivery
+ £4.95 UK delivery
+ £5.95 UK delivery
Oban Distillers Edition 2001 / 2016 Whisky 70 cl
- Distillery HistoryBuilt in the centre of Oban as a brewery by town founders John and Hugh Stevenson. Distilling begins 1794. Rebuilt 1890-94 by J. Walter Higgin (Mesolithic remains discovered). Occupys a unique but small town centre site that prevents expansion. Closure announced 1968 but reprieved 1972.
- One of Scotland's smallest distilleriesJust two small lantern-shaped stills. Slow-condensed in traditional worm tubs that nestle in the rooftops. Cramped conditions led to unusually short lyne arms.
- Food PairingRich sweetness with a smoky dryness; ideal with rich tastes, buttered tagliatelle with Parmigiano Reggiano, Italian peppered sausages, black pudding, haggis, spaghetti with Bolognese sauce, steak and kidney pudding.
- AppearanceAmber. Rose-hued.NoseOutstanding. Fruity and pungent; Oban's salty sea breezes, with crushed grapes, orange zest and hints of smoke - massively complex.BodyFull, rich.PalateMost explosive Oban ever. Soft malt, then wave upon wave of delicate yet rich fruit notes on a tide of brine. FinishSweetened Jamaican coffee and oak, with an attractive malt-biscuit effect as it dies down.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Oban Distillers Edition Fruity, pungent, seriously complex whisky of the very highest order.
Neat or over ice.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I like heavily sherried malts - this one is quite heavy on the sherry note too.
However, I don't think it goes too well with Oban's salty and smokey style. I think I will stick to the 14.
Star rating is due to different bottle, delivery was very quick
No idea on taste as it is a Xmas present
Most recent customer reviews