- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Oak-framed Buildings Paperback – 22 Dec 2005
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The chapters on the making and raising of frames are where the book excels. Newman's years of experience, coupled with extensive photographs of carpenters at work, bring the pages to life. --Context --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
Rupert Newman has been actively involved in carpentry since the age of 12. He has a degree in Naval Architecture and has worked as a shipwright, but soon realized that building roofs and other large structures was his true passion. He is now the owner of a well-respected company employing a number of highly skilled craftsmen and apprentices, building modern structures with green oak in the traditional way. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Top customer reviews
For those thinking of having an oak framed house built for them - here you will find inspiration and plenty of information; from choosing a site, the design process, getting planning through and the history of oak building in the UK.
Beautifully written and illistrated - a must have book on the subject.
Mark North Notts
A must have for anyone seeking a book covering the full range topics for the modern timber framer.
It doesn't dwell on history or required craftsmanship, nor specific construction details or calculations for structure.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Materials
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Public Buildings
- Books > Home & Garden > DIY & Home Improvements
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering