Customer reviews

on 24 April 2017
Lovely bowl. Does what it says ...no splashes due to steep sides.
on 15 August 2016
Excellent mixing bowl. Good size; nonslip bottom; insulated. Very good buy!
on 16 February 2015
Great quality. Stylish. Expensive compared to other products but it worth it
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 April 2011
I haven't had a bowl like this before where a stainless steel bowl is clad in plastic material, but I can see that it's a good idea as the plastic exterior allows there to be a rubberized base to make the bowl stay in place when mixing and if hot liquids are in the bowl the exterior insulates the contents and keeps the outside cool enough to handle. Stainless steel stands up better to metal implements and mixing beaters than plastic, which tends to scratch, and SS doesn't absorb smells and is easier to keep hygienic.
Stainless steel can be warmed by hot water that is drained off so that, say yeast starter can be proved more easily.
The bowl is nicely weighty and is wide, which makes mixing dough or pastry easier. The rim is quite prominent which aids holding as one mixes. The steel interior comes up and over the rim which is good as cling film adheres much better to metal than plastic for covering any contents.

The only disadvantages I can see of this mix of materials is that one cannot put the bowl in a microwave because of the steel and not in an oven because of the plastic, but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
on 18 October 2010
I think this is a fantastic mixing bowl. I do baking with my 6 year old daughter and this makes it easy for her as the non slip bottom holds the bowl down nicely. I would like a bigger version of this as it is so good! Top quality. I must admit I think OXO products are pretty excellent all round.
on 25 February 2012
This is a beautiful bowl and is a welcome addition into my kitchen! The quality is superb and haven't found anything to complain about.
The silicon base is perfect as it does not skid when mixing and does not scratch any glass surfaces it is placed on. In addition it is just a good looking bowl! I initially bought it as a mixing bowl - unfortunately it is rather small and i don't think that i will be using it much for such purposes however i have used it as a salad bowl and would definitely buy another one.
It is a shame however that they don't make it in different sizes as i would like to have a collection!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 January 2011
On a recent visit to my sister's house she asked me to make some hollandaise sauce to go with our first course. I have never made this sauce before because I know how easy it is for it to go wrong - usually because it overheats after the mixing bowl you use to whisk everything together in over a pan of simmering water gets too hot. She gave me this Oxo bowl to use and the result was perfect hollandaise sauce! I was so impressed I came home and ordered one from Amazon. The bowl has lovely high sides so nothing spatters as you whisk. The inside is stainless steel which seems to stay cool for much longer (hence the great hollandaise) which is essential for most baking recipes. The bottom has a thin rubber layer so the bowl stays put on the work top when you whisk things in it. It is so much better than my old pyrex mixing bowl and such good value too. If you like cooking and baking then don't hesitate to buy!!
on 17 December 2010
This is the second OXO product I have bought and I shall certainly look for the OXO make again. A sturdy, secure and yet light bowl. It looks good too. Couldn't ask for more.Don't hesitate, buy, you will not be disappointed.
on 26 April 2011
This is the most useful comfortable bowl ever in my kitchen. I love it. Highly recommend and will buy more.
on 8 August 2013
These are really great bowls. Stainless steel so you can use it happily with electric mixer. Non-slip bottom so it keeps steady on the work surface. Dishwasher safe so easy to clean, although the stainless steel inside rinses easily under a tap as well.