- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2052 KB
- Print Length: 414 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1533282943
- Publisher: Mayport Publishing Company (12 Aug. 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00EIQ08WM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #385,340 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£12.31|
Save £9.53 (77%)
OSTROW STATION Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 414 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The story had so much good content in the telling of all the events of WWII and the behind the scenes of the involvement of the Catholic church and especially the role Richard secretly played over the years. The detail of the concentration camps, the capturing of the Jews, the killing of millions was written so well. Very well researched.
Several years would go by as the war advanced and it was hard to put this book down as the story was riveting but then Richard would take time off to visit his family and there was Elisabeth again just waiting to seduce him once again and at this point, the story loses all of its substance and has reverted back to something more worthy of a "True Confessions" magazine.
It is difficult for me to fathom "love" when they had spent less than ten hours together...that is lust, not love. It definitely detracts from what could have been a phenomenal book. I could have overlooked all the typos but when the story would go back to being sleazy, it would make the misspellings and misuse of words that much more pronounced.
I think the worst part of their affair is Richard's willingness to screw his brother over, knowing that Joe is in love with Elizabeth and her willingness to use Joe as a fill-in if Richard won't leave his church and his God for her. So I really can't recommend this book unless the reader wouldn't be bothered by the shallow aspect. I am Catholic so I am sure that has a bearing on my feelings of distaste.
I am happy that I picked up that book even if there was only one review.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > War
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spiritual Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical