Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 23 March 2007
If you are looking to gain a deeper understand into the two above protocols then you are reading the right text. I must say I am big fan of Jeff Doyle - having read and own a couple of his other books - CCIE Vol 1 and ll to be exact - this one sure does not dissapoint.

The first chapter is an absolute gem and I actually gave the book out to a few of my non-IP colleagues just to get an idea of how the internet came to be..

The other chapters then go ahead to compare both protocols side by side.. with configs/ examples to boot. Not only that, the examples are given in both Cisco IOS and Juniper JUNOS (which I am totally unfamiliar with)

Arguably some of the material is "dry as toast" as Jeff himself put it but, I can't fault the topic layout or language and he does his best to make the subject matter as interesting as possible.

So if LSAs and LSPs is your game.. then this is the book for you.
on 3 October 2010
Jeff Doyle is a brilliant writer as he keeps you focused and he puts examples from JunOS and IOS. I use both so I understand both.