- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (15 Nov. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118691881
- ISBN-13: 978-1118691885
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2.5 x 23.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (20 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 419,815 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
OS X Mavericks For Dummies Paperback – 15 Nov 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Master the Dock, Launchpad, and Mission Control
- Work with Notifications, Tags, Messages, Maps, and Reminders
- Set up your e–mail, surf the web, and make FaceTime calls
IN FULL COLOR!
Unleash the power of OS X Mavericks and make the most of your Mac
Want to hang ten with Mavericks? Whether you′re new to Mac or a longtime Mac–thusiast, this friendly guide gets you up and running with Apple′s latest OS. Mac expert Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus helps you surf the Mavericks pipeline and find everything you need to make the most of this sleek operating system in no time!
- The basics from the mouse and menus to the Desktop, the Dock, and Finder Tabs, learn how to surf through OS X safely and perform basic tasks
- Slip into the pipe organize your info with files and folders, and your life with Notifications, Calendar, Contacts, and Mail
- Surfin′ Safari set up your Internet connection and e–mail, manage spam, surf with Safari, and chit–chat with Messages and FaceTime
- Multimedia madness enjoy songs, movies, podcasts, photos, and videos, and create, print, and fax documents
- Care and feeding set up a network and share files, printers, and Internet connections, back up files and update your software, and troubleshoot problems away
Open the book and find:
- How to unclutter your Mac with Finder Tabs
- Tips for setting up your keyboard, mouse, and trackpad
- Advice on keeping things in sync with iCloud
- Details about running Windows on your Mac
- Ways to keep in touch using Messages and FaceTime
- Ideas for managing appointments and projects with Reminders
- Instructions for buying and reading e–books
- Maintenance and troubleshooting solutions
About the Author
Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus is among the world′s leading authorities on the iPad, iPhone, and OS X. He′s been one of the Mac community′s most trusted gurus for more than 25 years and has written or cowritten more than 60 books. He is also a columnist for the Houston Chronicle and The Mac Observer.
Top Customer Reviews
I am very pleased with this book because it has guided me through every step I had to learn to be able to use the mac laptop and also I was able to go back as many steps as I needed to to refresh my memory when I got stuck on any point. The way the book has been written I was also able to skip some bits as I could do them.
It came very well wrapped and early I was very pleased.
Good on what it covers but considering many prospective customers will be Windows converts it could be a lot better.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worth buying to gain some idea of complexities of MAC computingPublished 11 months ago by celia decesare
Very informative, I have found it very useful.Lots of easy ways to do and informative.Published on 27 Oct. 2014 by colin
This book is out of date with Mavericks already. Quite a few of the diagrams and directions just simply do not exist on my Mavericks machine. Hopeless.Published on 12 Aug. 2014 by CFSman