on 5 October 2015
Opened the box, had one look, then put it back for return. This device is not legally CE marked. There is a mark that looks like the CE mark, but is in fact the deliberately misleading "China Export" mark. CE is what ensures that the products we use are safe through testing and certification. These have not been proven safe, and lithium batteries if not engineered correctly can self combust. Not in my house!

I would even challenge the legality of selling non CE marked products from within Europe!
review image review image
on 16 January 2015
I bought this at the same time I ordered my Xbox One, without reading much about the product as it is so cheap.
All I really wanted was to be able to charge my controllers without connecting a cable each time, and also 2 batteries for my 2 controllers.

Since I had no clue what I was getting, I wasn't expecting much more than charged batteries, boy was I wrong.

The charge dock has a green LED around it. When I first docked my 2 controllers, I noticed the beauty changing color from Green to Red. Indicating that the batteries were charging. I thought to myself, "Huh, maybe it shows red once it's docked, it would be cool if it turned green once the batteries are fully charged"... AND IT DOES!

I know this is not rocket science, but for £14, I was not expecting this awesome product.

Installation is so easy,
#1. Take the USB cable you get with the charge dock, connect it to the xbox one, and the other end to charge dock.
#2. Take the batteries you get with the charge dock and connect it to your controller(s).
Worth mentioning that I've played with a controller for 5 hours straight without any warning or indication that the battery is dying.

If you have 2 controllers.. hell even 1, buy this now! It is just amazing and again... really really cheap.
on 18 December 2013
I feel like I need to write a review as I always expect cheap third party stuff to be tat, but this is perfect. I now always know where to look for my controller (in the cradle) and had no problem at all with the battery charge. (Some lengthy BF4 sessions, and not once have I run out of charge)

The lights which show charge status are bright though, so I would not recommend leaving in your line of sight when gaming/watching TV.

So there you go, cheap thing in "not rubbish shock". In fact, it is really rather excellent.
on 18 January 2015
My item arrived yesterday im not happy only one of the battery packs works both the charge stations work but wont charge this particular battery or it actually goes red for a few seconds then green indicating fully charged but console message states battery low deffinately faulty hopefully a replacement battery from supplies would rectify this issue.
on 14 April 2016
I find the ORB Dual Controller Charge Dock, very disappointing in my opinion, after reading all of the reviews before purchasing, I was eager to use it, however, 1 year after using constantly it keeps on disappointing, the first problem is that it is very hard to charge the controllers, because you have to get it in exactly the right position for the charge dock to register that there is a controller on top of it, this is painful and can easily cut out without fully charging the device, this leaves little to no battery when I do decide to play a bit of Xbox. Another problem is the green LED light it is a good idea to have a green and red LED light to easily distinguish when the batteries are charged or not, however the green light is so bright that it acts as a night light, so I frequently have to pull out the connection to the charge dock so its darker in the bedroom. It runs off USB and provides 2 600mAh batteries, which is ideal so that you don’t have to purchase another battery however I am disappointed with this product.
on 16 July 2015
Had it for about 6 months and couldn't have asked for better! Although recently I have found the battery life is decreasing quicker than expected considering I'm a casual gamer.

Similarly, over time with the constant interchange of the two battery packs on a single controller, they have started to become loose and disconnect now and then mid game - not ideal when you're a competitive person!

For the time that they were consistent I would definitely recommend for the price, but as always you get what you pay for.
on 21 July 2016
Reasonable rechargable battery/charger set for xbox one controllers.

You get the charger and two battery packs. The charger bas has an LED around it which is red when the controller is charging, green when charged. There is no plug, the charger lead fits into the xbox usb port and takes its power from there. Be aware these battery packs fit the standard xbox one controller, but NOT the 'elite' controller.

The battery quality is not the best, the battery life is not great (you'll still get 2-6 hours game time), and the xbox will never report the battery charge above about 75% even when 'fully charged'. That said, these packs are definitely cheaper and more convenient than buying endless packs of AA batteries if you have several xbox gamers in your family. I also prefer these packs to rechargeable AA batteries as I've had the rechargeables swell and jam, or leak and corrode, before.
on 11 October 2014
Just Superb. I had low expectations (even though i had read some very positive reviews), but experience with similar devices for the Wii and Playstation meant i was expecting a funtional, but tacky product. I was wrong. The build qulaity is excellent, especially in regards to the battery packs which sit snuggly into the controllers. The controllers sit perfectly in the charging base, with no need to expectly balance for the optimum charge point. The lights indicate when charging (red) and when charged (green).
The battery packs last for ages, ive not got to the end of the evening without having to swap over due to lack of power and seems to charge pretty quickly when put back on the stand.

There are some tiny issues. The charging lights are very bright and can probably be seen from space, but, i found that if i wanted to watch an atmospheric film etc and didnt want to be blinded with green lights i just unplugged the charger.
I dont personally like the large 'Orb' logo on the battery pack or the base, but these really are minute issues which i can easily live with.

Not sure how long the unit will start paying for itself, but it wont be long and Xbox One controllers chew through anything but the best batteries.

To summarise, Highly recommended
on 21 December 2015
Possibly the worst batteries I've ever come across. The charger fails to charge them fully along with the fact a battery barely lasts three hours. That's three hours of me watching Netflix so I use the controller about four times in that period to scroll through the menus.

Awful. Absolutely awful.
on 5 December 2013
The dock works great. just place down the controller and it charging no fancy super dooper connecter so anyone can use it. The batterys last a good long gaming session and are charged again in the next few hours. Simple and great!