Size: One Size|Colour: Sky Blue|Change
Price:£11.00+ £2.50 shipping

on 15 April 2010
can't fault it - boiled and fit first time without trouble - fits securely and lasts well - never falls out when talking which is great, I don't sound like an idiot when talking (use it for muay thai training)
on 12 January 2010
I can't say whether this silver protection shield is any better than the "lower" quality alternatives, because I don't have the experience of them all, but I can say that it looks good, was very easy to mould to shape, and has fitted comfortably and reliably for the last month since purchase.
You simply heat in hot water, and bite down to mould to a snug fit. As plastic cools it takes a permanent shape to fit your particular set of teeth.

If you get it wrong (hard to get wrong, but possible I suppose), then you simply reheat and remould.
on 24 March 2010
Exellent piece of kit. My previous gumshield was cheap but did what it was suppose to do; protect ur teeth. The advantage of Opro is that when your face takes a hammering in boxing u can smile back and say "is that all u have?" with comfort! The product came with an instruction video which helped a great deal as it's not exactly the same as fitting a cheap one. My only regret is? Because My preferred sport involves physical pain it would have been a better investment to go for the gold edition. But no complaints as far as the product goes. I'm a little disappointed though as to the pricing of the gold edition compared to the silver as the real difference is in the amount of fins.
on 18 October 2014
I bought this as Opro is a good brand and reviews seemed very positive. I've just decided to start rugby again so needed a shield. I was very excited but that's all the excitement I got. I wanted to do it right so I also checked the OPRO instructional video. The video does not match with the instructions given. I decided to go with the video as it worked for the silver model and had the timings done for you. The shield just doesn't fit. As you can see it is quite stumpy and after kneading my face into high heaven I could only get it to stay if I sucked in to high heaven... I even followed the video exactly. Next time I'm buying a tried and trusted shock doctor gel max.
review image
on 19 October 2014
My wife bought two of these for our daughter since the first one didn't fit properly. These are "one shot" so if the guard doesn't fit securely on the first go there is no second chance. When the second one didn't fit either I decided to swap brand.

The Opro design is floored in several respects. Firstly the material they use has to be immersed in boiling water for exactly 20 seconds and then placed immediately (complete with boiling water droplets) into your child's mouth. You can imagine the reaction of my 8 year old daughter to this. However, she soldiered on aware of the fact that the previous effort had been a waste of time because she had been distracted by the discomfort. Needless to say, when the second one failed to fit because she was unable to muster enough upwards pressure with her tongue to mould it adequately to the roof of her mouth, she was pretty upset (as was I).

Other brands, such as Shock Doctor, are designed for longer immersion in boiling water (75-90 seconds) and are meant to be cooled first before fitting. It is also possible to re-mould if the first attempt is sub-optimal and has a shape which appears to be less dependent on contact with the roof of the mouth. Given this I'm shocked at how many people blindly recommend Opro for children.
on 17 October 2011
I bought this for roller derby. Its good, much better than the bronze version (which ill be taking back)because its two different materials (rather than just one on the bronze) the inside material is softer and although the outside does soften a little it doesn't drift all over the place like the bronze version. I cant compare it to any others but worth the extra quid over the bronze. After fitting and a couple of other readjustments (which to be fair is easy to do a few times - you just put it back in the water) This noob to mouthguards got it to fit well enough to stay in place when I opened my mouth and drink through and I can breath with my mouth open. I can talk in this better than some of my derby mates can with their other brand gum shields but it is really obvious I have it in and I would take it out to talk more than a few words (coaches would either need to take it out or look for a thinner type)

Only gripe is that it comes in its own case that twists closed the centre (like a screw) it worked fine for the "unshaped" gum shield as it fit around that pivot fastener but now I have fit my shield to my mouth the new shape gets in the way so I cant close it. Its not the end of the world and it could be just my mouth shape but if the same thing happens to you, you'll need to source another container to keep your shield in. Not enough to put me off recommending it though.

In conclusion I dont really have any frame of reference other than the bronze (this is better), It does the job and is a good price but you may need another case for it.
on 11 December 2010
My children have worn Opro custom fitted guards for many years which have been very good quality. However, from time to time, guards have been mislaid and then the options had been a cheap 'boil in the bag' or no sport until a new guard arrived. With these fairly new gum shields, the children have the benefit of a top-end product which can be created in minutes (always assuming you have one in its box in the kitchen drawer), that fits almost as well as the more expensive custom made guards from Opro.
on 17 April 2012
Bought for my 11 year old rugby star son and he wanted a pink one! It fitted easily having followed the detailed and very helpful instructions. It looks and feels a competent piece of kit. It's a bit like a crash helmet really, you are glad that you have one yet never really want to find out if it works. So far so good with with the Opro. We will certainly go for the same make next time. It remains to be seen whether that will be a pink one!
on 7 March 2012
The fit is excellent once shaped to your teeth. I have fairly crooked teeth, and the gumshield accommodated them well. The packaging is fine. I will be happy wearing this for a 20 minute sparring practice in Taekwondo, and I could see it stretching to a half in rugby.

Anyone without the nastier side effects of repeated blows to the head should be able to follow the instructions on the sheet of paper without using the included DVD.
on 17 October 2010
This gum-sheild is worth the extra money. We've tried the cheap ones for around £2 and they are rubbish. Follow the instructions for moulding and you'll get a shield that is fits perfectly and is robust. Teeth are important and we are happy that this shield will do the job.