OCEJWCD Study Companion: Certified Expert Java EE 6 Web Component Developer (Oracle Exam 1Z0-899) Paperback – 15 Aug 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
And often he complements with deep insight in the design considerations behind the APIs.
But there is a problem ...
On the front cover is stated: "Complete coverage of all objectives for the Oracle Certified
Expert Java EE 6 Web Components Exam 1Z0-899".
In the introduction on page XII he refers to "The JSP 2.0 specification (JSR 152)".
The problem is that in JEE 6 the relevant spec is "The JSP 2.2 specification (JSR 245)".
Unfortunately the entire scond half of the book is only compliant with the old spec.
Bottom line: the first half of the book is excellent and compliant with JEE 6.
The second half of the book is NOT compliant neither with JEE 6 nor with Exam 1Z0-899.
This reduces the value of the book. And in my opinion the statement on the front cover
should be categorized as deceptive marketing.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
- Provides a good overview of the objectives for the 1Z0-899 Oracle exam.
- I managed to pass the exam without really having to read the Servlet specification.
- I wouldn't recommend this book if you don't have a lot of experience with Servlets, JSP and the Deployment Descriptor. I put this book down, read Head First Servlets and JSP, before coming back to this book. You need to know Deployment Descriptor syntax and how to deploy applications in Tomcat before using this book.
- Quite a lot of errors in this book, as well as problems with the review questions. The errata covers it though. I emailed the support team about an error that I found and their reply was to refer me to the errata sheet. They didn't confirm/deny the error or add it to the errata sheet, so I think the support on this book should be better.
- The free online exam that comes with this book does not cover the new Servlet topics.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Exams > European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Subjects > Java
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Subjects > Oracle
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Oracle
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages