USB OBD2 OBD-II VAG KKL Cable for 409.1 Audi VW Skoda
|Price:||£11.45 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 1.This cable can not work if your car uses a protocol/bussystem like VPW, PWM or CAN-BUS
- 2. Terminal K = Bus of communication.
- 3. Terminal L = Ignition for waking up car computing system (ECU: Engine Control Unit)
- 4. Existed 3 different protocols with same OBD2 connector incl. ISO/KWP, VPW, PMW
- 5. This K/L Diagnostic interface & cables work on ISO/KWP (Key Word Protocol) launched after 1996 on
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
6. Supported also ISO9141 protocol 7.The Cables may work with some versions of the Carsoft, but carsoft used a lot of different interfaces during the different versions and also had some custom interfaces. Workable Model This diagnostic cable is usable for ISO9141 and KWP2000 transmission protocol like used for example by: Volkswagen,Audi,Skoda,Seat Free Softwares includs: Scantool,OBD Gauge by Dana Peters,OBD Logger by Jonathan Senkerik,OBD-II ScanMasterby Wladimir Gurskij, obd2crazy,OBD2 Scantool by Ivan,Andrewjeski,RDDTC by Pete Calinski,ScanTest by Ivan Ganev. Softwares Available to Purchase includes:Digimoto,PCMSCAN,ProScan,VAG-COM. Vehicle Coverage: Fit 1990-2004 VAG Car Makers Models CC Fuel Connector Type Fit or not? AUDI 80 ALL ALL 2x2 ? 100 ALL ALL 2x2 ? 200 ALL ALL 2x2 ? A2 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? A3(8P) ALL ALL 16 PINS X A3 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? A4(B7) ALL ALL 16 PINS X A4 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? A4 Cabriolet ALL ALL 16 PINS ? A6 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? A6(C6/4F) ALL ALL 16 PINS X A8/A8L(D3/4E) ALL ALL 16 PINS X A8 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Q7 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? S2 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? S3 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? TT ALL ALL 16 PINS ? SEAT Alhambra ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Altea ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Altea(5P) ALL ALL 16 PINS X Arosa ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Cordoba ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Ibiza ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Inca ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Leon MK1 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Leon MK2 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Leon(1P) ALL ALL 16 PINS X Toledo ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Toledo(5P) ALL ALL 16 PINS X SKODA Fabia ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Felicia ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Octavia Mk1 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Octavia MK2 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Octavia(1Z) ALL ALL 16 PINS X Superb ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Volksw Beetle ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Bora ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Caddy ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Caddy(2K) ALL ALL 16 PINS X Corrado ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Golf MK2 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Golf MK3 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Golf MK4 ALL ALL 16 PINS ? Golf MK5(1K) ALL ALL 16 PINS X Golf Plus(5M) ALL ALL 16 PIN.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The cable comes with a CD and the CD has the necessary drivers and just running the USB driver installation file (usb driver.exe) had the drivers installed for the 32bit version of Windows 7 I have on my Netbook.
You can then either install the older version of VCDS-Lite that comes on the CD or download the latest version from Ross-Tech's web site (currently the latest version is VCDS-Lite 1.2).
Then plug the cable in, it takes a few moments for the driver software to install for the device and allocate it the all important com port needed for it to work. Now go to device manager and there should be an entry under the Ports (COM&LPT) heading something like USB-SERIAL CH340 (COMx) where x is the com port number you need to know to connect the software. You can also find the com port from the Advanced settings of the Port Setting tab of the devices's properties in Device manager.
Then find the ODB2 connection on your car and plug the cable into the car. (On my old VW polo you take out the ash tray to get to the connector). Now you can open up the Vag-Com VCDS-Lite software. The first page (Program Options) requires you to Select the com port number you have previously looked up (you could try all 4 one at a time until you get it to work) and press the test button to check its all OK. You can now Save these settings - only the com port is mandatory ignore the rest which takes you back to the main screen.Read more ›
Using the newest version of VCDS (NOT THE INCLUDED DISK) 12.12.2 on Windows 7/8 this cable will connect the the ECU correctly and allow you to perform all proprietary VAG-COM tasks (scanning individual control modules for example).
Personally I used this on a 2002 VW Golf GTi 1.9TDI PD150 (ARL engine).
I can't vouch for the included software but if you have a VAG car then the best way to go is with VCDS and there is no wonder that people can't get it to work when using the wrong software. Set up the com ports and install the recommended VCDS drivers.
Had a panic though - if you only connect the cable to the laptop / PC without connecting to the actual car then it will report that the COM port is OK, but the interface is missing... DUH - I connected it to the car, turned on the ignition and hey presto - worked.
Unfortunate thing for me now though is I found a fault on the car that I wasn't expecting. Reset the fault codes and it's never returned - I suspect I disconnected the ABS sensor when the battery was still connected (which will result in an intermittent fault code) - Well impressed.
Didn't use the software on the supplied CD as have a more up to date version from elsewhere.
Will recommend this to any VW Golf MK IV owners. With the right software there's a lot of things this cable gives access to.
** Forgot to mention - Version 409 of VagCom confirmed working on my Windows 7 laptop. You can go to RossTech web site and download "lite" versions but you need to register the software for full functionality - however just google Vagcom for more information on vagcom software
Super useful for clearing codes arising from my own tinkering (like pulling electrical connectors off various things), and checking that various sensors (e.g the air intake temperature sensor) are sending correct data to the ECM.
Also what next steps if you wish to purchase the full version (essential) so you keep getting the message 'contact your software provider to enable these functions' etc.
It looks like a ripped off version of something more useful with no real grasp on the potential to make it function usefully, having scanned my car I wanted to clear the codes so that I can check for regular errors after test driving the car....clear codes is a full version function so pretty useless on its own, about the same as you average VW Deals workshop really which is why most people would want this product to get away from the overcharging ......'VehicleTechnicians' working in many garages these days. The hardware works once you blog the problems of Baud rate, Anti Virus etc it should be sold as a Taster version of something more complete and functional IMHO.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This does exactly what it says on the tin. It is a great cable and I like the fact that it is a nice colour. Read morePublished 10 days ago by B. Loughnane
perfect for pinpointing the reason for those faults. Caught water ingress in CCM using this and also to pinpoint faulty reverse sensors.Published 16 days ago by pcxp
My husband purchased this few years ago and still using it. Works properly, no complains at all. Recommended.Published 1 month ago by pliumpt!