Nyrius ARIES Prime Wireless Video HDMI Transmitter & Receiver for Streaming HD 1080p 3D Video & Digital Audio from Laptop, PC, Cable, Netflix, YouTube, PS4, Xbox One to HDTV/Projector (NPCS549UK)
|Price:||£199.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Wirelessly send high definition movies, TV shows, games & music from your PC, Blu-ray/DVD player, gaming console or other HDMI device to an HDTV or projector
- Stream uncompressed, true 1080p video and surround sound audio in real-time with zero latency; 3D compatible
- Powerful 30ft digital signal eliminates the hassle of installing messy cables
- Easy to install plug 'n play set up; eliminates messy cables; no software required; wireless network not required; Transmitter 1 x HDMI input, Receiver: 1 x HDMI output
- Compact flash drive design optimized for laptop use; powered by USB or wall adapter
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Seller Warranty Description1 Year Full Manufacturer's Direct Warranty
Endless Entertainment at Your Fingertips
The ARIES Prime gives you complete control over what you want to watch by streaming from your PC to HDTV in razor sharp, uncompressed 1080p high definition with no reduction in picture quality. Now you can finally watch that collection of movies and TV shows already stored on your computer, along with content from services like YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, or any other video streaming website to your widescreen HDTV. Revel in the independence of no longer being limited by software applications, TV schedules or your cable bill and watch all your favorite programming on your terms.
Keep it Clean and Simple
Combine your daily online interactions with your home entertainment system for a convenient, comfortable and complete home browsing experience previously only dreamt about - all without having to deal with a mass of cables. Wirelessly transmit the signal from your PC, digital cable box, satellite receiver, Blu-ray/DVD player, gaming console or other HDMI device to your home theatre system and eliminate the cables streaking down the wall of your mounted HDTV.
While its compact flash drive design is optimized for use with laptops, ARIES Prime effortlessly connects any computer or HDMI device to your HDTV. The powerful digital signal won't interfere with Bluetooth, WiFi, or any other wireless network, so you're free to arrange your living room your way, without being a slave to your audio/video devices. Place your cable box in a cabinet across the room so your wall mounted HDTV setup remains unspoiled.
Good Things Don't Just Come to Those Who Wait
There's no software required - all you have to do is plug the transmitter and receiver directly into your device's HDMI ports and you're immediately connected.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
This does just plug and play. Quality is excellent. I have it operating over a distance of just 4 metres. We can swap the transmitter from laptop to laptop and it reconnects.
A coupe of points to note:
The mains power supplies are US plugs with some pretty rubbish adaptors but I used a USB socket from the TV to power the receiver. BE CAREFUL that they can supply enough current. The first one I tried had a limit of 0.5A and although the receiver lit up and seemed to do all the functions it wouldn't sync up. Moving the power lead to a "full-fat" USB did the trick.
The transmitter can be powered from a USB port on the laptop with a piggy-back cable.
The transmitter has a standard HDMI connector. If you have HP laptops, they use a different connector. You need to get an HP Display Port to HDMI adaptor - they're readily available for a few quid.
Works well and looks a bit flash!
I also watched some YouTube reviews and was almost convinced that there is no noticeable delay between the source playing out in to the transmitter and screen playback via the receiver. So I bought this.
I wanted this to be used by a remote focus puller with wireless follow focus for my camera on a Steadicam or gimball stabilisers. For those who might not be familiar with these equipments, it simply means that a person could see pictures remotely and keep the subject in focus as camera moves around. In professional world this requires accuracy and obviously no lag, or the picture will be out of focus for the duration of the delay (as the camera records it instantly, while it takes time for the focus puller to realise). The device advertisement claims ZERO latency.
I preformed a test and there obviously is a delay. In 25fps there is randomly between 4 to 10 frames delay. Please watch my test video.
Another artefact is frame dropping. There are drop frames in a totally random looking pattern.
In terms of range, although the claim is 30ft/10meter but in real life I started to get more and more drop frames from about 4-5 meters onward. 7 meter away and the picture was gone. This was indoor environment.
The trouble is that after getting back in to the range no automatic reconnection occurs. The only way to reconnect was to restart the device. So it seems that if you you lose the connection once for going beyond the range you would need to actually restart the entire shot.
However, it starts to work pain free as you set it up and turn it on. When it is connected the picture is streaming flawlessly and hassle-free.
The delay and frame drop wont be an issue for most domestic usages.
The only annoying fact is that the advertisement and claims are invalid.
The great benefit for using it in this application is that both the receiver and the transmitter are powered by USB and cant be powered by a USB power bank.
I've managed to get it working seamlessly within 30 feet obviously this is in line of sight, but admittedly if you are filming in old houses or castles it sometimes doesn't like travelling through thick walls.
The reason I have given it a full five stars is that it has saved me around £2000 if I was going to buy a pre-build broadcast monitor and HDMI send unit.
I can confirm the image does send out a full HD 1080 I signal with no noticeable delay.
1) Relatively inexpensive. Actually, I thought £200 was rather expensive to replace a 14 ft cable but that was my choice and I couldn't find anything else at this price.
1) There is noticeable noise on the picture at this range. It's not totally unacceptable but it is visible. It is not HD quality at this range. If anyone walks between the receiver and the transmitter the picture degrades severely.
2) The pairing of the transmitter and receiver when signal is applied to the former takes ages. Around 25 seconds at my last count.
3) Both units get incredibly hot. You cannot pick up the receiver if you touch the metal parts. If this was in an enclosed space I would suspect it could be a fire hazard.
4) Not sure whether this is an issue with the Nyrius or not (but it only happens with this unit involved). If I have a Apple TV -> A/V Receiver -> Nyrius -> Projector then around 20% of the time the ATV picture will become corrupt and shows mainly a green screen. The only way around this is to turn all the devices off and power up again.
In short, not recommended.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fantastic product, does exactly as described, used with a Sky+ HD box to a wall mounted 42" tv, have also used it to transmit from laptop to the tv for a DVD, although it seems... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Although it's seems a lot of money, it is worth it. Plugged into the back of my PC and the receiver into the back of the tv. A couple of seconds and it was up and running. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Do not bother wasting your time. I have the transmitter 12 foot from the receiver in direct line of sight of each other and I'd be lucky to get 1 minute of constant viewing without... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Jamie Mahoney
I use a projector for movies etc, using a 6M HDMI cable to my Demon Reciever was always messy as it was hard to hide. Got the Nyrius working in a few minutes and it's greatPublished 10 months ago by J. Gerrard
Amazing, actually works! No delay, smooth signal. Nice piece of kit, if priceyPublished 10 months ago by MD Williamson