- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Nvq Engineering: Mandatory Units: Level 2 (Longman NVQ) Paperback – 17 Sep 1997
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
This workbook provides a programme of work for the development of the practical skills and knowledge required for the five Mandatory Core Units of the Engineering Manufacture (Foundation) at NVQ Level 2. It is designed for use in the college, the training organisation or the workplace and is the first in a series of workbooks covering the complete NVQ scheme. The book is an invaluable resource for both trainee and training provider.
Trainees will acquire the necessary underpinning knowledge by using this book and will be able to demonstrate their practical skill required for assessment by completing the set practical tasks and exercises.
This book will assist training providers in the planning and implementation of the NVQ Engineering Manufacture (Foundation) at level 2 by offering
* a comprehensive programme of work which closely follows the requirements of the specifications set by EMTA (formerly EnTra), the industry awarding body
* progressive and relevant practical tasks, exercises and questions
* a system of recording achievement
* a means of enabling students to produce a comprehensive portfolio of their work
* associated tutor's notes to assist with scheme organisation and implementation
There are over 75 practical and progressive exercises and activities which assist the trainee in demonstrating their competence in each NVQ element. The units covered are-
General health and safety
Establishing effective working relationships
Basic engineering drawings, measuring and marking out
Basic engineering materials
Handling engineering information
Other titles in the series
David Salmon- NVQ Engineering - Mechanical Option Units ISBN 0 582 30299 4
Chris Shelton- NVQ Engineering - Electrical Option Units ISBN 0 582 31561 1
David Salmon is lecturer in mechanical engineering at Royal Forest of Dean College.
About the Author
David Salmon is based at Royal Forest of Dean College.
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet
- Books > School Books
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Computer Aided Manufacture
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Manufacturing
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering