Flavour: Vanilla|Size: 1kg|Change
Price:£18.70+ Free shipping

on 9 July 2010
I usually don't care much about how something tastes as long as it's good for me.

However, this really does do insult to the term "strawberry". BUT it's probably the best whey powder out there AND cheaper than the other much lower grade powders. Even Optimum Nutrition say that Whey Protein Isolate is the best quality whey one can get but while ON whey powders are a mix of whey, this one is 100% Whey Protein Isolate.

Oh, and I forgot to say, it does not mix very well with water either.

Anyway, still deserves 5 stars for the quality and the amazingly low price.

Just drink it down and don't try to "taste" it

Incidentally, the chocolate flavour is a little bit better.
on 28 May 2011
This is a review for the chocolate version.

I mix it with unsweetened soya milk instead of water and it is really lovely- although I have it in half-pint amounts not a whole pint at a time.
I'm following the Atkins low carbohydrate way of eating, and I find this far nicer and easier to mix that the Atkins low carb shake chocolate flavour. It is also much better value for money and lower in carbs (2.4 g per 40g serving which is 2 scoops of powder with 1 pint of water). So, for a filling snack/ breakfast drink, it's 1.2 carbs plus a minute amount of carbs for my unsweetened soya milk!

It's also low calorie, with added vitamins.

Update August 2011. I am a bit sick of the taste, and think I would rather try some strawberry or vanilla- something I could flavour up myself with some real berries in order to make it taste more pleasant. I don't think it's actually very chocolatey at all.
However, this is a good, filling product that does not have a massive amount of calories, and the carb level is low, ideal for me on the Atkins way of eating. Have put my rating down to 4 stars as it doesn't taste amazing, but it doesn't make me gag!
on 11 December 2011
The only Whey Isolate I use. It works for me as I am after the muscle definition without the bulk (am female). It suppresses those urges to eat the entire fridge contents post gym/class/squash session.
I use it 3 to 4 times a week and the tub lasts well over a month.
Vanilla tastes good and as I know I like it, I have only bought this flavour although I expect the other flavours are acceptable.
I would highly recommend this product.
on 27 June 2011
We use this product along with the 4-hr body diet - 30grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up! - and I must say, it's delicious. Add ice, or mix the powder with really cold water, and it almost feels like a milkshake. Key to a good protein shake, however, is how you mix it. We use the Lucozade Sport 750 ml Shaker Bottle and obtain perfect results every time - no clumps, lots of fluffy air-filled bubbles and, with the ice, the perfect mix.

Just add ice - that's the secret missing ingredient to the other reviews!
on 10 December 2014
This is probably one of the best protein powders I've bought in a long time. I normally buy from MyProtein, which are very good, but decided to give this a go as I was looking to try something different and had some Amazon credit to use up.

At around 20/21g protein per 25g scoop, it looked like very good numbers for a protein powder and glad I gave it a go.

When it comes to flavour, I don't think you can go far wrong if you stick with Chocolate and this is true here. I find the flavour just fine, better obviously with milk but perfectly fine with water too. Mixability is absolutely fine with my shaker bottle and I have yet to encounter any lumps.

All the naysayers must be doing something wrong!

Quite rare that you get 5kg of protein in anything other than a bag at this price, but the tub is certainly great to see and something you can re-use later on if you decide to get some protein in a bag.
on 4 January 2012
Nutrisport Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate 1000g I found was quite effective for muscle recovery. I would use it after a workout, two more the next day and two more the day after if muscles were still sore; doing this significantly reduce muscular pain associated heavy workout sessions and allows a greater amount of time spent in the gym rather than worrying about recovery.
Taste was ok, I have tasted much worse, but it didn't seem to mix well no matter what it is mixed with and always left a chalky texture at the back of the throat that takes a while to get used to. This was however a small complaint as it is, in my opinion, very effective and for the price is an excellent product; which I would definitely recommend.
on 21 May 2014
My third tub of this stuff and definitely not the last. Great value, the 'malty' taste takes some getting used to but once you acquire that taste it's lovely, especially with milk.
Can be a bit lumpy to mix by hand but to be fair I haven't come across a powder that isn't. It just takes a bit of perseverance.

One of the key plus points is it's substantially low lactose content which is a prime consideration for us unfortunate lactose intolerant fraternity. I am hypersensitive to lactose and get no issues with this whatsoever, which hasn't been the case with many other brands of isolate I have used.
on 7 January 2016
I was apprehensive about this product after reading some of the reviews regarding flavour. I have to say, I have been very impressed. Not sure how other reviewers have been using it, but I use a Nutri Bullet, 2 scoops of Chocolate whey, 480ml skimmed milk, a few ice cubes or frozen fruit and one banana. After giving it a whizz, the consistency gets quite thick (which I like) and I have to say it tastes like a freshly made Mcdonalds milkshake - probably the best tasting protein powder I have had. One thing to keep in mind is that the powder does seem quite hard to blend and I am sure if you just used a bottle shaker etc that this may cause problems.
on 8 February 2012
i got this product a couple of weeks ago and have been taking it post workouts. I was a little bit disappointed with the packaging and the powder. The tub was only half full but it did feel like it was 1kg to me so it must have been the density of the powder. Anyway, the best thing about this is it tastes really amazing, just like chocolate milkshake if u mix it with cold water. Use a proper shaker or even a blender to get best results.
on 19 July 2014
Good quality protein. I got chocolate flavour. It does not taste as good as some others (although tastes perfectly acceptable and a bit better taste than the 90 plus version) but that is because the others are full of sugar of one type or another. This one has low carbs and sugar so it won't give you a fat gut like a lot of the other muscle gainers. Some other muscle gainers contain about 60g carbs per serving which is same as 12 spoons of sugar. You can get your carbs from your normal diet and use this to make up the protein. My only quibble is that it does not contain any creatine but I suppose you can add that separately if you want it.