on 14 December 2017
This book has changed my life. It has also alerted me to the fact that the way we treat and manage mental health issues in the western world is atrocious. The development of chronic illnesses and their accompanying symptoms begs us to look closer at ROOT CAUSES and stop this conveyor belt system of pure symptom management. THIS BOOK DOES THIS.
The best thing that this book did for me on a personal level was help me to realise that my brain is not broken, I do not have to accept this condition and I can heal. I believe, after this read, that the same is true for everyone. If you have just started on your journey and are tentatively looking at naturopathy as a path for healing please consider reading this book - it has real life examples of how good nutrition has caused (when deficient) mental and physical illness but also how it can bring us back to full, incredible health (when sufficient). This book portrays how our bodies want us to be well, we must just give it the nutrition that the earth provides and help it to thrive instead of moving through live day by day on antidepressants that masking underlying, biochemical causes.
3 people found this helpful
on 16 March 2018
Interesting, but not written for a large public, rather for a medical community willing to follow a training with Dr Walsh. This book doesn't disclose any dosage, or components of a protocole that one could implement at home. Dr Walsh probably wants to keep confidential his recipes to avoid any misuse. But by doing so, it reduces substantially the scope of his book. If you are a firm believer that nutrients can heal and want to raise awareness about it in a large audience, you have to be more specific and help people diversify their diet or include specific food that would raise the nutrients they are missing. The importance of amino acids is underscored in this book, but sadly no details are given.
3 people found this helpful
on 16 January 2018
Excellent primer on brain biochemistry and the application of Advanced Nutrient Therapy to mental health. Quite technical at the start, but accessible to a layman's audience with solid foundation in the Natural Sciences. Those without a good scientific foundation may find some of the discussion, especially that in the early part of the book, challenging. Engaging and accessible read, overall.
on 22 November 2014
Great book, helpful in my own research. Book has helped me understand a lot on how certain nutrients in different forms, do help the brain.
Doing my Dissertation in MSc Nutritional Therapy Next year, and the book will help with my research.
6 people found this helpful
on 21 February 2018
Amazing information, really well supported by data. We’ve started applying the basics and have already seen great improvements in our son’s development.
on 5 March 2017
Very good at pulling together the experiences and data on the impact of individual biochemical (mineral largely) rebalancing on mental state and function.
on 17 November 2017
A very good book but, as I had anticipated, a bit too technical for a non-professional like myself. Recommended to me by a valued professional therapist.
on 27 April 2017
Love this book. Absolutely fascinating studies into impact of nutrition on ADHD, Autism through to Bipolar disorders.
on 27 January 2018
Brilliant. We considered ourselves quite healthy. Having read this book realised we needed to tweak our diet and better control our blood sugar. This is only a couple of weeks ago, and we feel so much better for it. Lost several kg's too. A book really worth reading.
on 14 March 2017
Excellent but no index at back so sometimes duffucult to look things up