- Hardcover: 1256 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 3 edition (1 Sept. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521884071
- ISBN-13: 978-0521884075
- Product Dimensions: 17.7 x 4.3 x 25.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 956,550 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Numerical Recipes with Source Code CD-ROM 3rd Edition: The Art of Scientific Computing Hardcover – 1 Sep 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
' … an essential component of any serious scientific or engineering library.' Computing Reviews
' … an instant 'classic,' a book that should be purchased and read by anyone who uses numerical methods …' American Journal of Physics
' … replete with the standard spectrum of mathematically pretreated and coded/numerical routines for linear equations, matrices and arrays, curves, splines, polynomials, functions, roots, series, integrals, eigenvectors, FFT and other transforms, distributions, statistics, and on to ODE's and PDE's … delightful.' Physics in Canada
' … a must for anyone doing scientific computing.' Journal of the American Chemical Society
'The authors are to be congratulated for providing the scientific community with a valuable resource.' The Scientist
'If you were to have only a single book on numerical methods, this is the one I would recommend.' IEEE Computational Science & Engineering
Wrtitten in C++, this book/CD of Numerical Recipes 3rd Edition now covers: classification and inference; computational geometry; MCMC; interior point methods; and there is an improved treatment of ODEs. For more information, or to buy, visit www.cambridge.org/numericalrecipes. For licences or information about electronic subscriptions, please visit www.nr.com.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Good explanation about numerical method. All codes are well optimized. However, lack of description about the code optimization.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Calculus & Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Mathematical Theory
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Numbers
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Calculus & Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Mathematical Theory