- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 515 KB
- Print Length: 212 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: AOM (Arglebargle Omniversal Ministry) (2 July 2009)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002LARTF6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #757,726 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£12.95|
Save £10.05 (78%)
The Nuclear Platypus Biscuit Bible: A Spiritual Guide for the Disciples of Biscuitism Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Top Customer Reviews
Again, if you like the works of surreal comedians like Spike Milligan, you will love this book. It's chock full of absurd characters, story lines and wicked one-liners.
It feels as though it's along the same lines as "The Bible--the Old Testament According to Spike Milligan" in that it parodies religion, but in a manner than pokes fun at all religions (something most comedians can seldom do, unless they revert to stereotypes) through the allegorical tales of the Nuclear Platypus.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I baked some blueberry biscuits and I swear there was a profile of the Pillsbury doughboy on one. I knew it was a divine visitation.
That night I dreamed of 6 numbers, so I used them to buy a lottery ticket. While standing in line to purchase my ticket, I met a man who turned out to be the owner of the Blueberry Biscuit Bakery, and he asked me on a date!
On the way home, I stopped off to buy the makings for some chocolate gravy to put on my nightly biscuits. While I was in the checkout line, the man in front of me pulled a gun to rob the store! I reached into my basket and pulled out a can of the store brand biscuits. I threw that can and hit the man square in the head. He fell to the ground, out cold. The manager promised me a lifetime supply of biscuits from his store.
Just when I thought life couldn't get any better, I watched the Lottery Drawing on television. I won!
Now, I can donate millions to the Church of Biscuitism. We will stand and fight the Cornbread Elitists!
The BB is more than merely a history though. In fact, the author finds time for digressions galore, like a translation of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" into binary code (imagine pages of 0s and 1s), and a menu from a restaurant called "Quing's" that includes the delicacy "The Space Between Food" for the weight-conscious, and "Primordial Soup," which is described as a "...convenient dehydrated soup for lunch on the go. Just add water, carbon and deoxyribonucleic acid, microwave it and you've got life!"
In fact, the BB is so subversive, self-reflexive, and just plain ole goofy that its impossible not to admire it. The author is making some serious points about religion, American culture, and literature itself, but you might be laughing too hard to notice. If Laurence Sterne had created a religion, this is the text he might have written. Especially if had spent a good portion of his youth watching TV, jonesing for fried food, ingesting an ungodly amount of LSD, and becoming an expert in all things kitschy and American.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Art Issues
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Genre
- Books > Humour
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Science & Religion
- Books > Science & Nature
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Art
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Art Books
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Religious
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humour
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths