- Platform: Windows XP / Vista / 7
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Nuance OmniPage Professional 17.0 (PC CD)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Nuance's flagship document conversion and scanning application for OCR and form recognition
- Designed to handle high volumes of documents from multiple devices and document archiving to popular systems
- Turn paper, forms, digital camera images and PDF files into electronic files you can edit, search, share and archive
- Repurpose documents automatically rather than retyping them
- Store paper documents as searchable electronic archives
- Share documents broadly and quickly via email, Web, Electronic Content Management, Document Management Systems/FTP
- Create and edit PDF files in batch
Customers Also Shopped For
OmniPage Professional 17 is the fastest, most precise way to convert paper, PDF files and forms with 99%+ accuracy into files you can edit in your favorite PC applications or archive in a document repository. Superior accuracy and formatting combine with easy-to-use workflow technology to automate all your conversion needs. Whether you want to make paper digital, create batches of PDF files, or collect data from filled electronic forms, OmniPage is up to the task. OmniPage provides the speed, quality and features making it the perfect choice for organizations of all kinds. New Hyper-Binary Conversion delivers 43% accuracy increase for scanned documents 23% overall accuracy increase for PDF and digital documents 200% faster launch speed 21% faster processing and support for quad-core computers. New OmniPage One-Click Toolbar in Microsoft Office puts conversion at your fingertips. Dramatic improvements in document layout retention to reduce or eliminate corrections. Easy Loader allows you to quickly view, find and open multiple documents at a time. New support for Chinese, Japanese and Korean documents added to over 120 other languages. New support for iPhone and 2-Megapixel phone cameras 12% accuracy improvement for 3D-Capture using digital and mobile phone cameras. New Send paper & PDF to Amazon Kindle with optimized formatting for reading and navigation. Improved OmniPage Batch Processing with new unattended processing option. New direct connection to Microsoft SharePoint 2007 web-repositories. New direct connection to OpenText Hummingbird and Interwoven iManage ECM systems
OmniPage Professional 17 is the fastest, most precise way to convert paper, PDF files and forms with 99%+ accuracy into files you can edit in your favorite PC applications or archive in a document repository. OmniPage can recreate a 20 page paper document as a fully editable digital document in your favorite word processor in less than 2 minutes. It would take a person with normal typing skills about 2 1/2 hours to recreate that same document. Don't waste your time and let OmniPage do all the work for you.
Professional version also includes PaperPort (above) and PDF Create software. Click to enlarge.
Easy Loader allows you to quickly view, find and open multiple documents at a time. Click to enlarge.
Quick Convert View gets it done in seconds--there's no need to learn a lot of options and tools. Click to enlarge.
Scan a document, automatically convert into a readable format and send it to the Amazon Kindle. Click to enlarge.
New support for iPhone and 2-Megapixel phone cameras. Click to enlarge.
Quick and easy highlighting or redaction. Click to enlarge.
OmniPage Professional does so much more than scanning and recognizing text. Superior accuracy and formatting combine with easy-to-use workflow technology to automate all your conversion needs. Whether you want to make paper digital, create batches of PDF files, or collect data from filled electronic forms, OmniPage is up to the task. It can even scan, convert and send documents directly to your Amazon Kindle through email with the push of a single button.
OmniPage Professional also includes PaperPort desktop document management software and PDF Create software. PaperPort is seamlessly integrated with OmniPage Professional and makes Microsoft Windows better by allowing you to visually organize and manage all your documents. PDF Create allows you to create 100% industry-standard PDF file from any application.
Why use OmniPage?
- Save time by automatically recreating documents without retyping them
- Scan and send documents to your Amazon Kindle
- Always find your documents by turning paper documents into searchable PDF electronic archives
- Share documents broadly and quickly via email, Web, SharePoint or FTP
- Create PDF files in batch
- Use your connected network multi-function printer as a high speed scanner
- Automate the collection and conversion of forms and data
What problems does OmniPage solve?The continued use of paper slows organizations down and frequently leads to "knowledge re-creation." This wasted time, where workers have to re-create information from existing paper documents or search for misplaced documents, is a drain on both productivity and profits:
- Editing or updating information requires the time consuming task of retyping the paper document--filling out forms and then collecting the data can be the most time consuming component
- Filing information and retrieving it requires time spent searching through paper files, manila folders and file cabinets
- Sharing information is limited to inefficient and costly processes such as postal mail, courier or fax machines--keeping information confidential is often a deterrent to sharing information digitally
- Critical documents are not backed up electronically for effective disaster recovery.
- Currently available OCR software included with a scanner, All-in-One or MFP device does not produce the quality required
- Re-formatting or re-editing of converted documents may be as time consuming as re-typing especially for documents with images, columns and tables
It all comes down to a single question for paper or electronic documents--"How do I get the document into the format I want without having to do extensive re-typing or re-editing?"
OmniPage eliminates paper and digital inefficiency by improving productivity, enhancing responsiveness and reducing storage and material costs. Organizations save significant time and money by leveraging the superior OCR and document formatting accuracy of OmniPage to instantly convert documents into the format of their choice. Retyping is eliminated, tasks are automated, information is easily accessed and productivity soars.
What's New in OmniPage Professional 17?
- New Send paper & PDF to Amazon Kindle with optimized formatting for reading and navigation
- New Hyper-Binary Conversion delivers 42% accuracy increase for scanned documents
- 23% overall accuracy increase for PDF and digital documents
- 200% faster launch speed
- 21% faster processing and support for quad-core computers
- New OmniPage One-Click Toolbar in Microsoft Office puts conversion at your fingertips
- Dramatic improvements in document layout retention to reduce or eliminate corrections
- Easy Loader allows you to quickly view, find and open multiple documents at a time
- New support for Chinese, Japanese and Korean documents added to over 120 other languages
- New support for iPhone and 2-Megapixel phone cameras
- 12% accuracy improvement for 3D-Capture using digital and mobile phone cameras
- Improved OmniPage Batch Processing with new unattended processing option
- New direct connection to Microsoft SharePoint 2007 web-repositories
- New direct connection to OpenText Hummingbird and Interwoven iManage ECM systems
- PDF/A compliance, and PDF 1.7 support
Superior OCR accuracy
Improved OCR engines deliver 99%+ accuracy for document conversion and archiving business critical documents.
Maintain perfect formatting
Converted documents look exactly like the original and are easier to edit than ever before, complete with columns, tables, bullets and graphics.
Send to Amazon Kindle
Scan a document, automatically convert into a readable format and send it to the Kindle electronic book reader in one easy step.
Mobile document capture
Capture text with a digital camera or iPhone. Quickly convert your pictures to text documents with the most accurate 3D Correction technology available.
Works with any scanner
If your device can scan then it can work with OmniPage. Mobile scanners, desktop scanners, All-in-one and Multi-function printers all work more productively and with better accuracy using OmniPage
Supports all your favorite applications
Supports the widest range of output formats including PDF, HTML, Corel WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2007 plus many more formats.
Batch processing, amazing value
Schedule large volumes of files for batch processing from folders or email with unattended automation for real time processing of documents.
Complete forms processing
Convert paper forms to fillable and distribute electronically. OmniPage can collect data from PDF or paper forms and export to a spreadsheet or database.
Built-in automatic redaction and highlight
Redact or black out confidential text or quickly locate information with highlights. OmniPage can recognize and automatically mark up your text based on a list of key words.
Recognizes over 120 languages
Process, edit and store documents from anywhere in the world. Now includes Chinese, Japanese and Korean recognition.
Top Customer Reviews
Like Microsoft and Adobe, it uses an activation process. This is not unreasonable, but unlike these two Nuance has a very flaky implementation.
The software itself is fine, but after using it for some months it suddenly decided that I had pirated the thing and had installed it on another computer. Nope. I had just added some external drives. The software then interpreted this as a different computer. Even Windows doesn't do that. Adobe fixed similar issues some years ago.
This is by design, according to Nuance's support staff, which told me that "changing parts of the computer will trigger to change the machine finger print and changing the machine finger print will require activation. Using an external hard drive is included on the parts of the computer which change the machine finger print. We apologized but that how our activation works."
You have to be careful with this activation process. Do it too often - easily done if you turn external drives on and off - and you are deemed to be a software thief and you are locked out of the software that you have paid for.
If you are choosing between different OCR options, you might want to see if the alternative has a more sane approach to activation.
This issue also affects other Nuance products. I will add this warning to them too.
The OCR technology in OmniPage really is amazing. Accuracy is incredible, missing very few words if any on most documents. It even picks up bullet points and treats them accordingly! It also has no problems I've found yet when reading in a mix of text and images which can be tricky. In fact I've yet to have any trouble with reading anything in so far. For home use it has more features than I will ever need really, but in the office it is really top notch. We use it in conjunction with Microsoft Sharepoint for storing documents and batch reading and it does a great job. Again there are a myriad of options, so you can tweak things like handling batches and even reading things in from a LAN location whenever scanned images are added into there, converting them straight into text documents. Makes life very easy.
The only downside is the interface isn't the most intuitive. It takes a little to get used to. However, this follows the general rule that if you want software that gives you a lot of power and functionality then you are going to have to spend a little time to get the most out of it.
Summary then. If you run a small (or large) office that has a requirement for digitising documentation then this is the package to get. It is great for the home too but the price may be a little steep.
The installation is quite straightforward and the program didnt eat up much hard drive space. What impressed me was the quality of the text input from my basic crappy "came free with a pc" scanner. The software didnt seem to care and happily imported my files and contracts without complaint.
It sometimes didnt recognise tabs within documents and instead replaced those tabs with multiple space presses, but I didnt have to spend much time tidying up.
Also, I think anyone using this software would need to have a dedicated use for it in mind, for me I wanted to categorise all the recipes I have in various cookbooks, so that I can do a quick search for recipes that use a particular ingredient. Omnipage helped me do this really easily, I saved the files as PDFs and now Macintosh spotlight just presents me a list of compatible recipes whenever I ask it to. Invaluable and saved me YEARS of re-typing.
For anyone wanting to perform document manipulation, or any form of grammatical data input, I dont think there's a better alternative. If they'd make a Mac version, I'd have given it 5 stars!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you plan to use this product for transcribing old typewritten documents or newsprint you can expect crashes when in proofreading mode. Read morePublished on 29 Aug. 2011 by Slateroof 2
Nuance OmniPage professional 17 is very good for copying clear images and text for the OCR to convert it into editable format. Read morePublished on 23 Aug. 2011 by A. S. Phillips
I have always been wary of text recognition software because it is not as accurate as you need it to be. Read morePublished on 19 Jun. 2010 by K. Jamison
I first used OmniPage for about 10 years and the computer program has come a long way since then. I have recently owned version 16 and was impressed by the accuracy of the... Read morePublished on 17 Sept. 2009 by DRJ Sayer
I have been using Omnipage from the early DOS versions and I suppose the OCR software that you are used to is the best. Read morePublished on 24 Aug. 2009 by Bob
Never used this software before but found it useful. If you need to manipulate documents that this is what you want. A breeze to use, seems to work with almost anything. Read morePublished on 23 Aug. 2009 by David Belson
This is a top class peice of software for handling and manipulating documents - of almost any type it seems
As a small business user, I can produce professional looking... Read more
Wow, this is so much faster and more accurate. Omnipage was already the best (in my opinion) but now it has improved! Read morePublished on 12 Aug. 2009 by Adamski