Customer reviews

Now and Again: Volume 2 (Now Series)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 November 2013
*******4.5 stars********

Layla Carson is back!! I wasn't a fan of Layla after reading Now and Then I think I went as far as calling her a bitch, I didn't really warm to her and didn't like the games she played. However she had somewhat redeemed herself by the end of the book and I was looking forward to reading this book, and her story.

Layla relationship with her sister is a little better she has realized she can't go on acting the way she does by have lots of meaningless sex with men, and she needs to focus more on herself, and what she really wants out of life. The more I got to know Layla in this one the more I found myself liking her, l saw a different side of her, and in some aspect I could totally relate to her.

Ben Montrose is a former Marine now working as a cop who Layla meets while working on a case. Now I'm not going to lie I definitely had a thing for him. He was an alpha male but not over the top was hot and sexy with his muscles, and had a way with words that would make any girl go weak at the knees. ;)

I really liked the storyline, I won't say too much as I don't want to give it away. But what started out as a fun challenge for 4 weeks turn into much more. The chemistry, and the sexual tension between Layla and Ben was off the charts. They work well together, and are so much alike both fiercely independent who like to be in control, and they have a few issues when it comes to relationships.

I liked how the relationship developed, and that they didn't just jump straight into bed together, they waited hence there was so much sexual tension between them. Even I was getting hot and sweaty at one point.

It was great to see Emma and Cole back, but Cole annoyed me he was a bit of an a**hole, and yes you have guessed it I wanted to punch him at one point. I like Melanie she made me laugh.

Overall this was such a great book, which I liked more than the first. Brenda Rothert has done it again, `Now and Again' was an entertaining sexy steamy read that I had to read in one sitting. I loved the little angst that it had, the mystery, the romance, the banter and the dirty talk. I could feel the chemistry, the sexual tension, and the passion.

Like Now and Then there was no cliffhanger ending, but also no epilogue, but I didn't mind it didn't need it as I got my HEA, and discover that the third book and final book in the series Now and Forever is scheduled for release in January 2014. It's about Emma and Layla, and I can tell you now I have my hand in the air waving as I'm looking forward to it, can't wait!

Some of my favorite quotes

"You want to be the man who tames the untamable. We're too much alike. Ben Both dominant and controlling. I don't want to lay in bed passively while you amaze me with your skills I want to be on top amazing you with mine." ~ Layla

"I'm surprised how attracted I'm to your combative nature. But you're under my skin now. I don't want a compliant woman _ I want you" ~ Ben

Ben...he gets me. He knows how to handle me. I've never met a man who complements me but he does. When we're together, I don't feel like an aggressive b***h. I just feel like a woman who knows what she wants. And when he looks at me... I feel beautiful. In more than a t**s and a** way" ~ Layla

"She got this façade for not caring, but I can tell that deep down she want me to chase her. And damned if I don't want to catch her." ~ Ben

"Layla. I love you, too. I do, I want to be with you. I want to share the ups and downs with you." ~ Ben

"What are you going to do tonight? I'd tie him up and ride him till dawn"~ Melanie

"Neither one of us is perfect, but is it possible we're perfect together, Cupcake?"~ Ben
on 3 October 2013
The first page had me wanting to devour this book. I stormed through it and LOVED it!!

Layla was actually likable in this book, (complete bitch in Now And Then). She was a complete changed woman since she swore off one night stands, I was in hysterics at some of the things she came out with. I really came to like her, she was considerate (sometimes), witty and independant. She just needed someone to see HER for HER, not as a casual one night stand. She just needed to figure out she was worth more than that!

Layla - "Because of my lifestyle change. I feel alot better about myself now that I've stopped screwing men for entertainment."

Ok sorry Cole but I officially dump you as book boyfriend for.......BEN!! Omg I loved Ben from the point he first appeared in the book. Ben, sexy bad ass cop, tall, hot, some fit muscles, he was easy going, funny, but could be the alpha male when he needed to be. And 'boy' he knew what he was doing in the bedroom *hot flushes*.

Ben - "Neither one of us is perfect, but is it possible we're perfect together, Cupcake?"

It was great reading this book from Layla's and Ben's POV, the sexy banter between them was fantastic. I loved that Emma and Cole was in the book a little so I could see how they had progressed in their life/relationship. This book had me laughing, then crying, then smiling at the end. I am sooooo looking forward to the third book.... Now And Forever!!!!!! I would rate this book more than 5 stars if I could, thats how much I enjoyed the book :-) Hats off to Brenda Rothert for writing an amazing book!!

I was sent this book in exchange for my honest review. (Making Connections Group - New Adult Edition)
on 19 October 2014
Perfect second book in the series. This one focuses on Layla, Emma's not always likeable sister from Now and Then. It shows the cleverness of Ms Rothert as an author that she can turn your opinion around and make you become very much Team Layla!
Excellent writing and I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to these guys yet so I'm delighted to see the next (and final) book in the series about all four characters is available now. 1-Click here I come......Now And Forever.
on 29 April 2014
you read about Em and Cole in the 1st book now you read about Em's sister Layla in this one and learn more about her attitude to her work and those around her. Will she meet the one who can love her and she can truly love back and not be a player????

well you'll have to read to find out and lets say you wont be disappointed Congrats Brenda on another smash hit!!!!
on 20 March 2014
I didn't think you could top the first book but wow this book is just as captivating and fantastic conclusion for the couple. I laughed and cried (a lot) whilst reading and by the time I'd finished the book I had tears flowing and it's been a while since a book has got me like this. Can't wait to read the next book and learn more about Luke,I would defiantly recommend other books by this talented author.
on 7 August 2014
this book is amazing I love the story, it helps people understand that you don't have to be ashamed of your childhood, it's not your fault, be happy with who you are and you'll end up with the girl/guy of your dreams, oh and don't hold a list about who you want to be with, it will turn out completely different because your list is a fantasy
on 23 May 2014
What a load of CRAP, YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS, I ended up reading this book just to see how bad it could get. Brenda Rothert "if that's the so called author's real name" needs to WAKE up and smell the coffee. HELLO HELLO Brenda, did you write this book on your lunch break, please don't write another one.
on 5 November 2013
This is the second book in the series. I'm thinking I loved this even more than the first if that's possible.
From page one I was glued to this book. This author was fantastic in keeping my attention right through the book. The first book is mainly about Emma. This one is about her sister Layla. Now enter Ben... Geee he is totally drooling material. This books pretty steamy which I loved. It also flips you over to the other side when I had tears in my eyes wondering what's happening next.
I'm totally looking forward to the third & last part of this series where we can read more about both girls.
Fantastic writing Brenda. Totally loved it.
Received in return for an honest review.
on 26 June 2017
Loved this series of books plus the novellas so will continue to purchase further stories.
on 7 January 2017
I really enjoyed this book immensely and I look forward to reading more of your work in the near future