Not Stupid Paperback – 6 Apr 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Anna Kennedy and her husband Sean, live in London with their two autistic sons Patrick and Angelo. "Not Stupid" is the story of Anna's determination to provide an appropriate learning environment for her sons and for other children within the autistic spectrum.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Secondly there is a lot of interesting information about teaching methods and how Anna has managed her family as it turns out her husband has Aspergers too! Some parts of the book are written by her husband and eldest son.
An inspiring tale, and full of relevant information if you care for people on the autistic spectrum.
I was fascinated to hear more about her experiences of living with autistic people and raising her children, and it really helped me to understand how difficult this must be at times.
The book is well written, and her passion comes across on every page.
I'm glad I read it, and I think I will remember this story to encourage me to battle on when all the doors seem to be closed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Amazing book, brilliant to hear about her life and her boys.Published 14 months ago by Romany Shairp
very informative brought a tear to my eye wish there were more people like these around to help with our battlesPublished 20 months ago by C. Bramble
Everyone needs to read this book to understand what parents of autistic children go through. Anne is an inspiration to us all. Read morePublished 23 months ago by dave key
An inspirational lady. Despite not being a professional writer she has done a fantastic job of telling her incredible story whilst also making the booking educational with regards... Read morePublished on 18 July 2014 by Amazon Customer
Anna Kennedy could not find a school for statistic sons so she had to open one! With support from friends and family she has opened a school, college and other services to give her... Read morePublished on 8 July 2014 by Steve Clark
I don't like the word stupid in the title. It is disrespectful to people with mental impairment and suggests a view that autism is a more prestigious form of abnormality.Published on 20 May 2014 by John B. Price
Based on a true family's experience this explains AsD from their point of view good to read if you are struggling with the diagnosisPublished on 10 May 2014 by Train fan mum
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Living with Cancer & Other Illnesses
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Living with Disabilities
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Teaching & Learning
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > SEN Teaching > Learning Difficulties
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Pregnancy & Childcare > Children's Health & Nutrition > Autism
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics