Not Meditating: finding peace, love, and happiness without sitting still
Mindfulness and meditation are great ways to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression and improve physical health, relationships, and well-being. But for many of us, sitting still and slowing down the mind chatter is all but impossible.
There is an alternative. In fact, there are many alternatives.
From ancient cave paintings to computer games, pilgrimages to visualization, choral music to trance states, human beings have been constantly trying to quiet our minds and connect with something more.
This book contains many alternative ways to quiet the mind, access states of happiness, flow, bliss and creativity and connect to inner peace and joy. It can help you to create better relationships, work, and home life. It can reboot your creativity, help you find the time and space to follow your heart’s desires and ultimately create a life you love.
Not Meditating outlines dozens of practices that can help you find peace, joy, and happiness. From the spiritual to the practical, there is something here for every type of personality.
You can have the benefits of meditation and mindfulness without ever needing to sit cross-legged, buy a yoga mat or light an incense stick.
- Banish ‘fearful thinking’ and unlock ‘creative thinking’
- 2. Finding peace, love, and happiness through the senses
- 3. Finding time for peace, love, and happiness
- 4. Finding space for peace, love, and happiness
- 5. Making work more joyful
- 6. Nurturing relationships
- 7. Developing a creative life
- 8. Celebrations and rituals
- 9. Life as a journey
- 10. Becoming the hero of your own story
- Conclusion: Returning with gifts
The book has a companion blog which is available at www.notmeditating.com