Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 September 2017
Having read Kafka on the shore and being utterly mesmerised by murakami's writing style and unusual and surreal ideas and concepts , It was essential that I read another of Murakami's books. I don't know why I chose this one, perhaps it's because I'm a romantic but I'm not sure.. But it is safe to say that Norwegian wood is definitely one of the best novels I have ever read. Yes , it's an easy-read and yes, unlike some of his other books, it's slightly more normal and relatable but if anything, it makes his writing 100x better. I not only loved the story line, but all characters were extremely likeable and interesting ( my favourite undoubtedly reiko ) and I could just not stress enough that this book is an ESSENTIAL read.
on 6 June 2017
Great writer who truly deserves to be read. Could not put the book down. This print of the novel is also good
on 26 June 2017
But not quite up to wind up bird or iq84. If you like your Murakami more surreal this won't quite hit the spot.
on 22 May 2017
An incredible tale that takes you through elation, heartbreak, with abrupt twists and great perspectives. My first Murakami reading experience, but I will be sure to keep on reading!
on 20 May 2017
Upliftingly depressing.
on 9 May 2017
I love it! My favourite book so far! I recommend this to anybody who likes to read. Absolutely very good
on 10 November 2016
Flawless
on 27 July 2015
One of the best books I've read - beautifully written and wonderfully told. Read it. Now.
on 30 May 2017
very good
on 11 December 2014
bought as a present. they love it